My wife hates my cycling

W@nna-BE

You were doing well there and then you dropped this bomb shell!

Yeah, that's not compromise, that's suicide!

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So glad my wife also rides and understands what is involved. She was willing to blow of another social arrangement this past weekend so we could go ride. :clap:

If I had to put up with half the bull***t like calendars and synchronized periods like some people do I'd be single a long time ago.

I must what you guys put up with is commendable.

Guys seriously .

When you get married the dynamics of your life change .

It's about give and take , it's not about you and your wants only .

Respect her feelings and communicate to find a happy ground , every chick is different find out what makes her tick and you will be a winner as well as have time to ride your bike .

Not going to help much, but my wife is the same. I'm up at 03h50 to be on the trail by 04h25 to meet my riding partners. Lucky their wives hate them riding as well :-)

Never mind the odd time I'm late due to technical issues. Don't get me started on races, I only do a race every 2 months or so, but that's far more than enough. I've bought her a bike. It's done 400km or so in 2yrs and I'm not allowed to sell it in order to fund my upgrade either.

I'm thinking of "taking it for a service to Cajees" and saying it was "nicked from the workshop" and that they have this f~rking sign saying they're not responsible for loss or damage etc. :ph34r:

you lucky... the bike and upgraded wheels , on my GF bike has done only 4km this year...

and not allowed to sell or use components....

but i love her so, i dont complain.... too much... its safe that way

Edited by tedibear

I just tell her that all my friends are doing better than me, she is very competitive and encourages me to cycle/train more...problem solved!

Dr Iron

i have gotten myself into trouble too many times by being late be it for a technical or mis-judging how long the route is going to take. If i don't know the route the bunch is going to ride then i rather say i don't know.

True , my problem is I am OCD , I always know !

If I get a mechanical ( rare as I'm OCD ! ) then its interval training till home .

if she is happy you are happy and she will trust you every time you want to go ride .

Edited by Iron

Respect her feelings and communicate to find a happy ground , every chick is different find out what makes her tick

Um, aren't you supposed to do a fair amount of that before you get married in the first place?

Ok , try this .

It's a win win for both of you . I got two kids too and my wife as I said gives my no crap about riding , I been doing it for 25 odd years and we been together for 9 odd.

Ride early mornings in the week , and on weekends do the same , but tell her that she needs her " me time too" so when you get back from riding she must go out with mates for tea, shopping something to have her own time/ hobbies ect , then when she is back its your time with her.

Take her to dinner , movie out to flea markets something to break the routine of you riding coming home and then some .

Make her feel special as she is letting you ride and you appreciate it , show her this .

Also get her involved in a hobby she likes and then support it 100 % .

Yep... thats pretty much how its done.... :)

Um, aren't you supposed to do a fair amount of that before you get married in the first place?

And you wonder why your wife hated you. :P

Edited by Iron

Guys seriously .

When you get married the dynamics of your life change .

Respect her feelings and communicate to find a happy ground , every chick is different find out what makes her tick and you will be a winner as well as have time to ride your bike .

I wish they gave me a bloody Big Blue Book of Being Married when I got married.

I don't understand a word of what you guys are talking about. I must have the best wife on earth.

I suppose it helps that she is a serious rider too.

Yip. i would have no problems if my wife rode. Problem is we have no-one to look after the kids.

buy her expensive looking costume jewelry and say its real diomonds .........then ride as much as you like untill she finds out........after that your on your own

Dude that's like your wifie buying you a Makro bike & slapping a "Special-rised" sticker on it & waiting for you to find out....

They're not that dof...The idea is to try get out da k@k... not deeper innit??