WTF CSA???

Mr SingleTrack

OK maybe I am just a tjop, but seriously WTF CSA? Have a look at the email that i received below. Is it not enough that we have to pay for licenses (to which we cannot see the benefit), do you seriously need to enforce an additional levy on races as well? It’s not about the R6 because I can’t care less about it, it is about principle. Think about it, R6 for each rider (assuming 30 000) sends R180 000 into their pockets, FOR 1 RACE! Tell me again where is my benefit?

This levy might have been going for years, I don’t know. This is not the question. I just think it is BS! Come now CSA, since you are at it, why don’t you just go ahead and charge a levy when we walk into an LBS or look at the cherries at the support stands at races as well! FFS

----------------------------------

With full road closure, road-side cheering from thousands of residents, and a field of thousands of cyclists all riding for a purpose, the 16th edition of the Momentum 94.7 Cycle Challenge is a must-do event for anyone with a bike.

This year the Momentum 94.7 Cycle Challenge organisers encourage all dedicated cyclists to Ride for a Purpose! In the spirit of proving their mettle and determination, each entrant is asked to heed the call and ride the full 94.7 km for a charity or cause close to their heart.

Date:Sunday, 18 November 2012

Venue:Waterfall Country Estate, cnr. R55 and Maxwell Drive, Sunninghill

Start:From 05h30 until 09h44 on the R55 and Woodmead Drive

Finish:Waterfall Country Estate, Sunninghill

Entry fee:R257.14 + R41.86 VAT = R299.00 - including CSA rider levy of R 6.00

Timing chip fee:R120.00 - compulsory for an official result for the race

Entries close:Monday, 01 October 2012

For more information, or to enter the Momentum 94.7 Cycle Challenge, please visit www.cyclechallenge.co.za.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go look at their financials and then you can see where the money is going.

They must've done quite detailed cost calculations to come up with an entry fee of R257.14 exactly for the 94.7.

They must've done quite detailed cost calculations to come up with an entry fee of R257.14 exactly for the 94.7.

I think you are missing the point of this rant? The rant is not about the entry fee of the race, it is about the principle that CSA already charge us for licencesso why do they need to charge us an additional levy at races? And if I am not mistaken they charge the race organisers as well?

Yes we can see where the money is going , and nothing goes towards the masses . Where are my cycle lanes , cheaper race entry fees .... How many trails have they build or contributed towards ? But they are very good at making stupid rules .

It is nothing new ,

the get a levy per rider of all races MTB, Road & other unless not a sanctioned event in South Africa.

must agree, csa is making a killing, started racing more than 10 years ago and then we barely had to pay all these csa fees, all adding up now and really not seeing where the money goes to? All they are doing is forcing us to get the csa liscence if you race a lot...

They also take 10% of all prize money.

Whaaat!! Who CSA?

How do they collect this before the event from the race organisor or cap in hand at prize giving...LOLTFR

I think you are missing the point of this rant? The rant is not about the entry fee of the race, it is about the principle that CSA already charge us for licencesso why do they need to charge us an additional levy at races? And if I am not mistaken they charge the race organisers as well?

They use the money to develope cycling in SA?

But you are more questioning the exact amount, I assume. How much are you willing to pay to CSA for them to do their duties? And please don't say nothing.

If you want to go look at their governance and financial reports: http://www.cyclingsa.com/governance.aspx

They also take 10% of all prize money.

I respect Julius Malema more than I do the CSA.

They are real Poephols to take 10% of the winners purse!

Pardon my Afrikaans spelling, but I have used the word above extensively today and it just rolls so well off the tongue

They use the money to develope cycling in SA?

But you are more questioning the exact amount, I assume. How much are you willing to pay to CSA for them to do their duties? And please don't say nothing.

If you want to go look at their governance and financial reports: http://www.cyclingsa...governance.aspx

Have seen those statement and again my question is where do I fit in ? What are they doing for ME ? Or am I just a sponsor ?

Have seen those statement and again my question is where do I fit in ? What are they doing for ME ? Or am I just a sponsor ?

Yes, we are sponsoring AGAIN.

We are paying for the sin of working for a living and having money to show for it.