Critical Mass -what's the point?

cyclenut

Musshh cheaper than the other pub, damn it..... I got the shaft

Im sure you did!

I got the shaft too on my first CM ride... like R40 for the home brew or something like that on the larney side and you have a moerse queue to wait in too if you not upfront.

The tavern jol on the other side was just as fun and the beer a third of the price :clap:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did JHB on Friday night and loved it, great vibe, great beer, great bunch of people to ride with.

This was a real win for me, check the price of that beer at the tavern behind arts on main.

And those are quartz puppy

Im sure you did!

I got the shaft too on my first CM ride... like R40 for the home brew or something like that on the larney side and you have a moerse queue to wait in too if you not upfront.

The tavern jol on the other side was just as fun and the beer a third of the price :clap:

Next time, I will definately go to the shabeen

I did JHB on Friday night and loved it, great vibe, great beer, great bunch of people to ride with.

This was a real win for me, check the price of that beer at the tavern behind arts on main.

I almost didn't recognise you guys at the stop. Took me a few minutes to put the name and face together :D

Hey Guys I do understand what you are all saying about don't be a noob and try and spoil everyone's fun and and and...

But I think what the OP is trying to say is that AT LEAST once a week there is a thread about some dumbass idiot that skips a red light somewhere in the morning where all of the above posters drive to work... Then everyone jumps on the wagon and wants to kill the guy and stop him because he is the reason why motorists hate cyclist...

Now all of a sudden because it is not someone else on the bike you justify your own riding by "its having fun, and you "just don't get it"

I wanted to join the PTA one but got hung up at varsity but will most definitely be joining the first one I am able to.

But just remember that you are the people that bitch and moan about people not riding carefully and now this is exactly what is happening in the masses...

Hey Guys I do understand what you are all saying about don't be a noob and try and spoil everyone's fun and and and...

But I think what the OP is trying to say is that AT LEAST once a week there is a thread about some dumbass idiot that skips a red light somewhere in the morning where all of the above posters drive to work... Then everyone jumps on the wagon and wants to kill the guy and stop him because he is the reason why motorists hate cyclist...

Now all of a sudden because it is not someone else on the bike you justify your own riding by "its having fun, and you "just don't get it"

I wanted to join the PTA one but got hung up at varsity but will most definitely be joining the first one I am able to.

But just remember that you are the people that bitch and moan about people not riding carefully and now this is exactly what is happening in the masses...

+ 1

If the aim of CM is to educate the public, then it is at best a partial success. Nearly all the riders I saw interacted respectfully with the traffic, but a significant minority, especially after the pit-stop / beer break, did not, and that comes back to bite. We don't want a repeat of the sage with residents in the cradle.

AT LEAST once a week there is a thread about some dumbass idiot that skips a red light somewhere in the morning where all of the above posters drive to work...

Yes true, but only here on the Hub where people feel they need to change others and shove their noses in to other peoples business.

Only here on the Hub are you allowed to point a finger and fail to notice the other three pointing back at you.

Only here one is allowed to complain about a flesh thread and in the same breath brag about how you downloaded pearlers from there yourself.

All this place has become good for is for bitchin and moanin, at Critical Mass we suip beer, eat pizza, ride bikes and smile non-stop.

Yes true, but only here on the Hub where people feel they need to change others and shove their noses in to other peoples business.

Only here on the Hub are you allowed to point a finger and fail to notice the other three pointing back at you.

Only here one is allowed to complain about a flesh thread and in the same breath brag about how you downloaded pearlers from there yourself.

All this place has become good for is for bitchin and moanin, at Critical Mass we suip beer, eat pizza, ride bikes and smile non-stop.

Yeah after reading that okes reply to the flesh thread i was to shocked to comment. He found a few keepers for himself...

But back to the topic i think this Critical mass thing looks like a lot of fun, going to have to make a plan for a Pe version

Yeah after reading that okes reply to the flesh thread i was to shocked to comment. He found a few keepers for himself...

But back to the topic i think this Critical mass thing looks like a lot of fun, going to have to make a plan for a Pe version

*Off topic*

Yeah Fabes, talk about contradicting oneself :wacko:

The great thing with that thread getting locked is that some peoples true characters have come out.

I am thinking of creating a thread addressing some issues.

But yeah, Critical Mass is gif, very lekka :thumbup:

at Critical Mass we suip beer, eat pizza, ride bikes and smile non-stop.

Bummer, I missed the Pizza, but got ample beer!

I have to be quite honest, but everywhere we went Friday, folks asked me what it was about. And my answer was simple: "We are having a ride through the city, to raise awareness and to get people to joint us on their bikes... Come join us Last Friday of September".

Edited by RooiWillie

*Off topic*

The great thing with that thread getting locked is that some peoples true characters have come out.

I think all the okes who couldn't control themselves in front of the pc screen were the okes complaining, because they all admit to enjoying checking lekker cherries out.

*Off topic*

What???? Are you joking me? The thread is locked?

What???? Are you joking me? The thread is locked?

Ja my bro, too many complaints and the ones who reported stuff admitted to downloading the stuff too :cursing:

Ja my bro, too many complaints and the ones who reported stuff admitted to downloading the stuff too :cursing:

Think they reported my avatar too