Yellow Saddle - Johan Bornman - Rant

Rudi Pollard

Butter flavour for me pls. But while we on the subject, I was dissapointed a bit when Johann contacted me after I wanted to do the course to let me know he will no longer do the course in CT :(

So my question now is...does anyone offer this in CT?

That is not correct.He will do the course in Cape Town if someone facilitates it.Read it again

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, you just wasted R550 in productivity by making this post, in fact, i'm going to send you an invoice for making me read the long soppy story.

And by the way, i suspect you are conveniently adding the selling your entry to a race to make the training, something is fishy with that story too..

Lastly, JB has a business to run, he could have spent his time with other customers, but alas, he had to play booking assistant to your drawn out issues, and now he still had to put up with this soppy post...

Get over it.

Man, you just wasted R550 in productivity by making this post, in fact, i'm going to send you an invoice for making me read the long soppy story.

And by the way, i suspect you are conveniently adding the selling your entry to a race to make the training, something is fishy with that story too..

Lastly, JB has a business to run, he could have spent his time with other customers, but alas, he had to play booking assistant to your drawn out issues, and now he still had to put up with this soppy post...

Get over it.

Everything I posted is factual and I can back it up, so please do make any assumptions.

I understand he runs a business, and I understand that when I cancel I forfeit my deposit. My issue is that when he cancels I still lose by deposit. Is that fair?

Everything I posted is factual and I can back it up, so please do make any assumptions.

I understand he runs a business, and I understand that when I cancel I forfeit my deposit. My issue is that when he cancels I still lose by deposit. Is that fair?

Nope, you have cancelled. Quite clearly. You said it a number of times, in fact. He tried to accommodate you, AGAIN. suck it up and move on.

Lapa, I am sure you are frustrated by this but I am sure Johan is as frustrated with you changing your mind so many times. Wrt him getting sick, thats just how it goes. If he ran the course while he was sick someone probably would have posted: "Beware Johan Bornman made me sick". In my opinion, if one pays a deposit and then cancels you are lucky to get it back. Actually very lucky. My advice would be to not book for something and pay a deposit if you are not sure you are going to make it. I know one can't plan for everything (Like getting sick) but if you choose to pay a deposit the risk becomes yours. Not the service providers. Might not be how the law etc is, but that is reality.

BTW. Slamming JB or CWC is one of those unwritten laws on the Hub. Don't do it, the guys here doesn't like it.

Jeesh, everyone loves this JB fellow
Not me. But, in this case, it seems he's not entirely wrong. Edited by Tumbleweed

Somebody has to disagree so I'll be the one. Right up to the point where JB had to cancel at short notice keeping the deposit made sense. At that point people were inconvenienced because they put a weekend aside and I would have refunded deposits.

I still respect his contribution to the hub and I believe you guys that his work is of the highest standard but I don't believe the OP needs to be attacked here.

I also had a GOOD laugh when you told us about how you were ALL PACKED and ready to go, making the long hall trip all the way from Centurion to Randburg.... that's what gave it away... that little morsel....

Did you pack some sarmies and boiled egg's for the trip?

I would also suggest you follow the AA Safety check before a long trip, here is a handy link for you:

http://www.aa.co.za/.../vehicle-tests/

PS, my posts are really in jest and with no offense to the OP, just write it off to a difference in understanding, laugh about it... it will help

Edited by TheV

BTW. Slamming JB or CWC is one of those unwritten laws on the Hub. Don't do it, the guys here doesn't like it.

I think it's more of a case of having a leg to stand on if you're going to lambaste a fellow hubber like this. Not that we "like to defend them" but more that they are respected, so you'd better have a damn good reason for ranting like that.

I think he dodged a bullet by you canceling,I would not want to train you for a weekend. Its R500 bucks. Imagine if he had charged you per hour for his time rescheduling your s***

Edited by Unclerico