Pocket Knives ?

Scooter69

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yoh, check the billies! :drool: :drool: :drool:

We are all planning our lunch time dash to the local butcher or biltong shop (thanks to that pic).[emoji12] Edited by Gen

For the man who has everything....I bring you the Opinel mushroom knife with brush for cleaning them, in the local French hardware store the other day.

post-41145-0-73593300-1477481682_thumb.jpg

For the man who has everything....I bring you the Opinel mushroom knife with brush for cleaning them, in the local French hardware store the other day.

attachicon.gifIMG_1489.JPG

That is a very cool looking knife!! Something I really like from Opinel, it's a knife designed to be practical. Easy to use, easy to sharpen, cheap to buy and maintain and looks cool when it gets the odd stain.

A lifetime started slowly and then “The Wife” got involved and it just snowballed. As for the Magnetic strip, its Magnetic tape glued on a wood strip from local Hardware shop.

• 2 weeks later...

I have received a Joseph Rodgers pocket knife from my late Grand Father, and am curious about the history or heritage of the brand....anyone familiar with this at all?

Further to the above, I need to clean up the knife ... might even be better off finding a professional to do the works.

Some snap shot below ... if you need detail pics, please let me know.

post-5403-0-70472100-1478787149_thumb.jpg

post-5403-0-27603000-1478787166_thumb.jpg

post-5403-0-09302600-1478787187_thumb.jpg

post-5403-0-67378600-1478787206_thumb.jpg

post-5403-0-98162400-1478787226_thumb.jpg

I have received a Joseph Rodgers pocket knife from my late Grand Father, and am curious about the history or heritage of the brand....anyone familiar with this at all?

Further to the above, I need to clean up the knife ... might even be better off finding a professional to do the works.

Don't know the brand, but that will look really lekker when cleaned up.

That's a nice little keeper, not just from a sentimental value but collectors as well. Is there not a number on there somewhere?

Here's some prices of other Rodger pieces

http://www.antiquesnavigator.com/index.php?main_page=documents&content=search&s=Joseph%20Rodgers%20&c=Antique%20Knives&page=2&sort=SoldPrice%20DESC