Team 360Life Suspension: David George busted

Jules

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be a mistake by Nedbank to stop sponsorship immediately. Rather say in six months time or something.

This will show that Nedbank does not support cycling but individuals and link them selves to 1 persons poor judgement. I agree with the stance of zero tolerance, but be smart about it. Learn from Rabobank

This tweet from Sauser is quite profound

haha very well said! wish that guy never turned to mtb “@RobbieHunter: 15 year time bomb just went bang....”

What does that mean?

Uh oh.

Well they are saying they have suspended their sponsorship as opposed to terminating it. This leaves the door open in unlikely event he is absolved.

Good point

I must say that right now I'm pretty disgusted with DG and to be honest cycling as well. Back in the day everyone raced on Energade and Game and that was all that was out there. Today its a fcking pill for this, a powder for that, all this BULLSH1T that is being forced on us that promise to make you better and faster. As long as its a big container with a recognisable logo and promises of greatness printed on the label, hell, pass me my wallet, ne! Dopers are killing the sport, but with that, I personally am now sommer disgusted with everyone out there that has a full cupboard at home with bottles of protein powders, recovery shakes, high-end low GI sports drinks, pills to help with cramps, creatine, pills to replace this and that, etc etc. "Legal doping". Some of the young guys on the scene these days have legs that CANNOT just come from training, impossible. Mate of mine used to be Junior Springbok cyclist (and rode on local Pro teams) but never looked like the youngsters of today. Don't tell me its just from training. And here I am training and racing the young bucks, with my bottles filled with Oros and Game. Fsck the dopers, kick them out with lifetime bans, but with all the "legal doping" out there - cycling has for a LONG TIME not been a "level playing field" sport. Its not about physical talent anymore, its about who's got the most money to throw at it to buy whatever it takes.

Come on man - what day was that? Thursday? This is not new.

But ja I hear you on the general sentiment.

It's been an open secret for years. I have spoken to a few pros and ex pros who told me he had doped. Now it's all a surprise? I had hoped it was in his past though.

I asked a while abck why all of our Pros are so quite on the Lance debacle?? this is the reason - I always suspected. Frauds the lot of them..

He DG was a US Postal rider. So just carried with what Lance taught him ! :-) 1999 - 2000

What you wanted guys that suspected other pro's of being dodgy to put it out there in the press with no evidence? Seriously?

No doubt the pros talk among themselves and have a pretty good idea whose clean and whose not. pretty clear that there was a consensus that DG was in the latter catagory

Would Kevin have known ? Would Kevin have also been on something to keep up?

I'm off for a whiskey to settle the nerves, then a nap. In the meantime, it should be pointed out, it was an "out of competition" sample. Maybe that is why the epic was never .........

I must say that right now I'm pretty disgusted with DG and to be honest cycling as well. Back in the day everyone raced on Energade and Game and that was all that was out there. Today its a fcking pill for this, a powder for that, all this BULLSH1T that is being forced on us that promise to make you better and faster. As long as its a big container with a recognisable logo and promises of greatness printed on the label, hell, pass me my wallet, ne! Dopers are killing the sport, but with that, I personally am now sommer disgusted with everyone out there that has a full cupboard at home with bottles of protein powders, recovery shakes, high-end low GI sports drinks, pills to help with cramps, creatine, pills to replace this and that, etc etc. "Legal doping". Some of the young guys on the scene these days have legs that CANNOT just come from training, impossible. Mate of mine used to be Junior Springbok cyclist (and rode on local Pro teams) but never looked like the youngsters of today. Don't tell me its just from training. And here I am training and racing the young bucks, with my bottles filled with Oros and Game. Fsck the dopers, kick them out with lifetime bans, but with all the "legal doping" out there - cycling has for a LONG TIME not been a "level playing field" sport. Its not about physical talent anymore, its about who's got the most money to throw at it to buy whatever it takes.

Have to agree, marketing strategies try and convince the public that you need every product on the shelf in order to be somebody!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn"t an Australian rider die in his sleep on the Epic a few years ago. I seem to remember EPO being mentioned then as a probable cause. If so it's been going on a while here.

Also, we're all cyclists, whether MTB or Road, and this situation with George proves it.

Very sad for everyone who pedals.

It's been an open secret for years. I have spoken to a few pros and ex pros who told me he had doped. Now it's all a surprise? I had hoped it was in his past though.

ok lets make that a double whiskey