UCI/CSA rules

dirtrider

So are there any other stupid rules we are unaware of ?

Any music I agrre with , it frustrate other riders (bad music taste and unable to hear them)

Helmet cams - fail to see the danger in this

Short sleeve shirts - WTF

BTW Wimbleton has not been white for a very long time .

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, which stupid rules are referring to.

I can relate to the listening to music while riding/racing and not being able to hear riders behind you, tried to tell a couple of ppl i was passing, to be ignored only to realise as I passed them they would not hear a bom go off next to them so loud the ipod nano was in their ears...

G

Any music I agrre with , it frustrate other riders (bad music taste and unable to hear them)

EPO (Though only some think this is a stupid rule)

Last week somebody also mentioned that Durban Poison is also against the rules !!!

After UCI's collusion with LA et al I can't understand at all why we are paying any attention to UCI in any way at all.

They've proven that they are inept, corrupt and incompetent... so we are going to worry about what they think? What the hell is going on?

If webcams makes helmets less safe, they should surely inspect all the helmets. Another crap rule.

Music players are banned as per CSA rules.

Clothing... it's only required that you wear a "shirt". The CSA rules do not specify, that it may not be sleeveless.

Helmet cams.... haven't seen anything on that topic.

Tradition.... another example: cricket - 5 days - clothing...

Seriously though: If cyclists shave their legs do you really want to see whether they shave their underams as well? Sleevs FTW! At least it makes for funky tanlines!

Guest ctMTBer

ok, which stupid rules are referring to.

I can relate to the listening to music while riding/racing and not being able to hear riders behind you, tried to tell a couple of ppl i was passing, to be ignored only to realise as I passed them they would not hear a bom go off next to them so loud the ipod nano was in their ears...

G

Music is not a safety thing. The sleeves story o can see but I think it is ridiculous that they now want to apply that.

Next they will us no sunscreen no ride?

Long sleeves have to be worn in down hill

Helmet cameras mounted on the head can cause a pressure point and make the helmet less safe

You cant hear the riders around you when you are listening to music

These are the reasons behind the rules

Was surprised how many people had earphones at the Momentum 94.7 40km fun-ride this weekend. Had a good laugh at a guy and his girl going up the hill almost shouting at each other. Both with earphones plugged in.

Clothing... it's only required that you wear a "shirt". The CSA rules do not specify, that it may not be sleeveless.

Got fined for not wearing a shirt with sleaves.