weekly tss score

fandacious

and so goes, all of a sudden my "good" knee not so good anymore.

Perhaps..........too hard to soon 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad week for me and another coming 2 coming up. Was busy with a workshop this past weekend, and I am away for 3 days this coming weekend.

TSS: 265

IF: 0.68

I am starting a 8 week programme today. Weekly TSS will be around 400 to 500 but some good intensity work in there. I find these trainerroad programmes very helpful with the amount of time I have to work with in the week

I am starting a 8 week programme today. Weekly TSS will be around 400 to 500 but some good intensity work in there. I find these trainerroad programmes very helpful with the amount of time I have to work with in the week

Good luck, keep at it.

John

Coming off 3 weeks of sick (as I'm sure Ben would have mentioned)... did my first hour back on trainer yesterday, can see the difference, for same exercise avg HR was 150, now 168... eish... got lots of work starting next week.

Doing another hour tomorrow, then a ride on Friday and a Race open Sunday.

G

Can I ask how many hours were done this week?

Can I ask how many hours were done this week?

just under 8 hours

post-38473-0-31374600-1497437473_thumb.png

Edited by #varkhart

... how do you calculate your weekly IF,

simply a add IF,s for workouts together and divide by number of workouts ?

and whats a desired avg IF for a workouts/week, 

We also saying/expecting starting avg IF number for week 1 and then a ramp up over 3 weeks, with a drop the 4th week, normal 3+1 

G

... how do you calculate your weekly IF,

simply a add IF,s for workouts together and divide by number of workouts ?

and whats a desired avg IF for a workouts/week, 

We also saying/expecting starting avg IF number for week 1 and then a ramp up over 3 weeks, with a drop the 4th week, normal 3+1 

G

IF is the avg for the week yes

Intensity Factor® (IF®)

Although normalized power is a better measure of training intensity than average power, it does not take into account differences in fitness within or between individuals. TrainingPeaks therefore also calculates an Intensity Factor (IF) for every workout or time range analyzed. IF is simply the ratio of the normalized power as described above to your threshold power. For example, if your normalized power for a long training ride done early in the year is 210 W and your threshold power at the time is 280 W, then the IF for that workout would be 0.75. However, if you did that same exact ride later in the year after your threshold power had risen to 300 W, then the IF would be lower, i.e., 0.70. IF therefore provides a valid and convenient way of comparing the relative intensity of a training session or race either within or between riders, taking into account changes or differences in threshold power. Typical IF values for various training sessions or races are as follows:

Typical IF values for various training sessions or races are as follows:

• Less than 0.75 recovery rides
  • 0.75-0.85 endurance-paced training rides
  • 0.85-0.95 tempo rides, aerobic and anaerobic interval workouts (work and rest periods combined), longer (>2.5 h) road races
  • 0.95-1.05 lactate threshold intervals (work period only), shorter (<2.5 h) road races, criteriums, circuit races, longer (e.g., 40 km) TTs
  • 1.05-1.15 shorter (e.g., 15 km) TTs, track points race
  • Greater than 1.15 prologue TT, track pursuit, track miss-and-out

Note that one particularly useful application of IF is to check for changes in threshold power – specifically, an IF of more than 1.05 for a race that is approximately 1 hour in duration is often a sign that the rider’s threshold power is actually greater than that presently entered into the program. Thus, by simply examining a rider’s IF for various events during the course of a season, increases or decreases in threshold power can often be revealed without the need for frequent formal testing.

https://www.trainingpeaks.com/blog/normalized-power-intensity-factor-training-stress/

Hi

Think my question was misunderstood.

I know how to calculate IF, I'm asking (because of chats with Ben from S2S) 

he mentioned avg IF/week. I'm assuming thats simply calculated as add IF's together for the week and then divide by number of workouts, giving a avg IF for the week.

G

IF is the avg for the week yes