fandacious

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TSS: 632

IF: 0.69

watching my numbers slowly drop but work stress is holding me back a bit...

601 for me.

explain IF calculation please? 

IF is the Intensity Factor.

IF is simply the ratio of the normalized power above (as described in the link below) to your threshold power. For example, if your normalized power for a long training ride done early in the year is 210 W and your threshold power at the time is 280 W, then the IF for that workout would be 0.75. However, if you did that same exact ride later in the year after your threshold power had risen to 300 W, then the IF would be lower, i.e., 0.70

https://www.trainingpeaks.com/blog/normalized-power-intensity-factor-training-stress/

IF is the Intensity Factor.

IF is simply the ratio of the normalized power above (as described in the link below) to your threshold power. For example, if your normalized power for a long training ride done early in the year is 210 W and your threshold power at the time is 280 W, then the IF for that workout would be 0.75. However, if you did that same exact ride later in the year after your threshold power had risen to 300 W, then the IF would be lower, i.e., 0.70

https://www.trainingpeaks.com/blog/normalized-power-intensity-factor-training-stress/

I calculate it as follows. 0.7 Happy Days!! 0.8 Ok, we working now... 0.9 Jirre!! 1.0 Is that vomit in my mouth?

I need to know how to work out the average, for the week, because I slept through most of my math classes in high school. 
Apologies, I should have been clearer in my previous post. 

I need to know how to work out the average, for the week, because I slept through most of my math classes in high school.

Apologies, I should have been clearer in my previous post.

I’m not sure if the formula will work for the week:

TSS = IF x IF x duration in hours x 100

IF would then be the SQRT of TSS / 100 / duration (in hours).

Work in simple numbers:

TSS = 0.91 x 0.91 x 1 x 100 = 82

IF = SQRT of (82 / 100 / 1) = 0.91

Rounding errors will give a decimal place difference.

I tested it on my week of 416 for 7.2 hours.

The answer should be 0.77 for my week, using a calculator.

As I only have the free version of TP, I can’t see what they show for the week’s IF.

WKO4 does show it, 0.77, so I’m happy that the formula is close enough.

The expression used in WKO4 is:

sum(TSS,”week”)/sum(duration,”week”)/36))^.5

I’m not sure if the formula will work for the week:

TSS = IF x IF x duration in hours x 100

IF would then be the SQRT of TSS / 100 / duration (in hours).

Work in simple numbers:

TSS = 0.91 x 0.91 x 1 x 100 = 82

IF = SQRT of (82 / 100 / 1) = 0.91

Rounding errors will give a decimal place difference.

I tested it on my week of 416 for 7.2 hours.

The answer should be 0.77 for my week, using a calculator.

As I only have the free version of TP, I can’t see what they show for the week’s IF.

WKO4 does show it, 0.77, so I’m happy that the formula is close enough.

thanks. No ways I’m calculating that.

I can never show my TSS figures...i will lose my membership to the hub. Just a question on avg. how many hours per week does it take to get to these high TSS figures...it seems all you okes cycle for a living...(comic sans)

Off topic.... how you finding using WKO4, I know you have used it for a few years  I have had a look at WKO5, (had the 2 week trial).  The expressions and formula's seems like you have to do a lot of learning.  The basic charts I can pretty much get with Golden Cheetah.  Only thing I briefly saw of interest was that of iLevels..... wondering if worth the cost?

I can never show my TSS figures...i will lose my membership to the hub. Just a question on avg. how many hours per week does it take to get to these high TSS figures...it seems all you okes cycle for a living...(comic sans)

post-38473-0-51506700-1589954420_thumb.png

All depends on how hard the rides are during the week. My 500 TSS a week is anything between 6-9 hours. The higher your IF the less time it takes.

I'm not doing any other exercise other than cycling. been doing on average 9 hours a week. All indoor, I have only done 4 outside rides. The intensity indoors makes for bigger TSS numbers,

The way I understand it. This is for me.

I need to get 500-900 TSS points per week. Less and I'm going backwards. More and I'm flirting with fatigue.

An hour spent at your FTP will give you 100 TSS points. No normal person can do that 5 times a week which is why a nice LSD ride is nice to get the numbers up without hurting too much. Of course a big ride isn't really possible right now unless you are prepared to stare at your cartoon characters arse on Zwift for several hours.