weekly tss score

fandacious

Your thresholds are set wrong. If they were correct it should be impossible to get a TSS of over 200 on a 2 hour race.

It was for a run and running is a lot harder than cycling.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was for a run and running is a lot harder than cycling.

Will have to look at my thresholds; apparently you're not supposed to be able to hit more than 100 TSS per hour of exercise.

• You earn 100 TSS for an all out, 100%, 60-minute workout. Of course most workouts are not completed at 100%, so most workouts will accumulate less than 100 TSS per hour.
  • You can earn more than 100 TSS within a single workout (as long as it is longer than an hour), but never more than 100 TSS per hour.

(https://www.trainingpeaks.com/blog/what-is-tss/

Will perform a threshold test somewhere in the week to reset my HR zones

Will have to look at my thresholds; apparently you're not supposed to be able to hit more than 100 TSS per hour of exercise.

• You earn 100 TSS for an all out, 100%, 60-minute workout. Of course most workouts are not completed at 100%, so most workouts will accumulate less than 100 TSS per hour.
  • You can earn more than 100 TSS within a single workout (as long as it is longer than an hour), but never more than 100 TSS per hour.

(https://www.trainingpeaks.com/blog/what-is-tss/

Will perform a threshold test somewhere in the week to reset my HR zones

TP uses pace to calculate TSS for running

7:34

TP shows 385 TSS

WKO4 shows 389 TSS

3 runs (31 mins each)

2 rides

2 casual walks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Guys

How reliable is the fitness chart on Strava?

I also have Stravistix and the numbers does not correspond with strava. I have logged every ride for the past 6 weeks.

Hi Guys

I also have Stravistix and the numbers does not correspond with strava. I have logged every ride for the past 6 weeks.

7:34

TP shows 385 TSS

WKO4 shows 389 TSS

3 runs (31 mins each)

2 rides

2 casual walks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you find WK04, worth it? Anything of interest with regard to post ride, race analysis? I currently use Golden Cheetah for TSS, Stress and wbal analysis etc

How do you find WK04, worth it? Anything of interest with regard to post ride, race analysis? I currently use Golden Cheetah for TSS, Stress and wbal analysis etc

First impression of GC... requires a lot of setup, and I just couldn't get the basics right. I dislike subscription based products, so while GC is free I preferred the once-off cost of WKO4 ($179 in early 2017). One thing is for sure... Strava is unique, but it has nothing on GC/WKO4 and other similar programs.

WKO4 has a lot of stuff "out the box" that GC can also do, so there's no real difference - based on me reading up on both. Not sure if GC has visual matches? Perhaps I should download the latest GC version and try again. I find it easy to reference based on using the book "Training and Racing with a Power Meter".

Having just got into running, I see there are plenty graphs, metrics and features that I can start using once I have built up a good history of data. For now, I'm just starting to enjoy running - so I'll keep the enjoyment factor going until I want to analyse the running.

Hi Guys

All the fitness charts are essentially the same, so you can use Strava if you like.  As you've noted, Strava opted to use a different scales on the Y-axis, hence the scores are much higher than the TP/Stravastix equivalent which means that you cannot compare one to one with other performance charts.

It seems that TP has won the race in terms of the "tool that coaches use", thus the whole world knows what a CTL of 50 means, but not so much so with the Strava equivalent...  In terms of Strava, there is very little comparison data available which makes it less useful than TP or Stravastix.

I find that TP and Stravastix are very alike, so I use Stravastix (free).  Won't be using the Strava Premium performance chart any time soon and it also sucks that Strava does not have the charts available on their mobile app.  I used my 1 month Strava Premium trial, but won't be subscribing in the long run.

First impression of GC... requires a lot of setup, and I just couldn't get the basics right. I dislike subscription based products, so while GC is free I preferred the once-off cost of WKO4 ($179 in early 2017). One thing is for sure... Strava is unique, but it has nothing on GC/WKO4 and other similar programs.

WKO4 has a lot of stuff "out the box" that GC can also do, so there's no real difference - based on me reading up on both. Not sure if GC has visual matches? Perhaps I should download the latest GC version and try again. I find it easy to reference based on using the book "Training and Racing with a Power Meter".

Having just got into running, I see there are plenty graphs, metrics and features that I can start using once I have built up a good history of data. For now, I'm just starting to enjoy running - so I'll keep the enjoyment factor going until I want to analyse the running.

Thanks G for the feedback.  Yes GC has a stress graph which will highlight matches burnt.  I presume this is what you mean by visual matches?  The stress chart shows your W'Bal drop off and how you burnt the matches and where 

TSS: 546

IF: 0.76

Time: 8h37m

Trying to get the fitness back after time off the bike sucks...

Edited by Jehosefat

Thanks G for the feedback.  Yes GC has a stress graph which will highlight matches burnt.  I presume this is what you mean by visual matches?  The stress chart shows your W'Bal drop off and how you burnt the matches and where 

How did you determine the Tau for your W'Bal calculation?

I can't seem to find clear instructions...