So when does cycling become an obsession.......?

Bianchisti

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll ek gaan vir ouers kuier op die fiets 148km vrou ry agter my met bakkie n dag voor Kersfees en kom ook terug met fiets "2 daays well spend" passie of obsessie nee die ou wat die meeste oefen ry voor

Please read Dave Barters Obessive Compulsive Cycling Disorder - he clearly explains what we deal with on a daily basis

Hi,

We all suffer from some addiction or other and if yours is cycling then you have nothing to worry about. Enjoy it and to hell with anybody who does not understand!

Have a great Christmas

Sarge

Obsession, passion, who cares. There's a saying in surfing circles that could be adapted to cycling and goes like this.

"Waiting for waves is OK, some people spend their lives waiting for nothing at all"

Mmmm, how to make that cycling relevant...

I think obsessive is when you finish your morning ride and then all you can think / talk about for the rest of the day is bikes and your next ride.

Riding everyday is dedication, not obsession.

You need to keep a healthy balance of cycling and the rest of life i.e family etc.

When I bought a new farm a few months ago , one of the major decisive points in choosing the farm , were the mountains on the farm and how much climbing and downhills could be done on it . ( I kid you not ) Yes , yes I know , I'm also a little worried about it myself . But just a little !

When you visit your bank manager to explain to him that you cannot meet your bond payments this month because there was some illness in the family...... In the meantime you have spent this month's bond payments on a new groupset

Please read Dave Barters Obessive Compulsive Cycling Disorder - he clearly explains what we deal with on a daily basis

Picked up that book the other day, it's a good read