Ride a Cannondale - Risk your life

Think Bike

Just one thing that concerns me................the fork was replaced under warranty and rightly so, but what about the rest of the frame. If the crash was as hard as what was explained, there could be damage to the frame itself.

I would fight for a whole new frame as it's safety could be compromised as a result of the fall.

Not to mention the asthetics of the bike. There must be scratches and chips somewhere from the fall.

Legally, would a person have recourse against the supplier for asthetic damage to other parts of the bike?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do think the author must change the thread title.

Most comments here suggest that the OP reflects unfairly on the brand.

Just one thing that concerns me................the fork was replaced under warranty and rightly so, but what about the rest of the frame. If the crash was as hard as what was explained, there could be damage to the frame itself.

I would fight for a whole new frame as it's safety could be compromised as a result of the fall.

Not to mention the asthetics of the bike. There must be scratches and chips somewhere from the fall.

Legally, would a person have recourse against the supplier for asthetic damage to other parts of the bike?

+1 and what about medical expenses...?

I heard that someone died when their heart failed :eek:

Wait for the "Have a heart - risk your life" Fred.

I love my dale (even with the lefty jokes)

That's some bad ****. Not good.

Things are not suppose to break BUT here is a lesson. There is a point where weight must be ignored and stiffness and durability must be taken into consideration. Accept when you are a World Tour rider. Then you just take. Can get new stuff anytime you want.

Well. cannondale do say that any reason is a good reason to warrenty a frame. my plastic lefty is awesome. had cannondale in the family for 15 yrs and only 1 issue that resulted in a new frame. no questions asked

OP may have had a genuine failure...

But, he is not replying to the thread, it's his 01st post (wtf), and he has been compensated...

It does sound unbalanced, less of a 'heads-up' post/alert, and more of an attack on the brand.

I had a GT (ALU) frame pivot failure, and Omnico were superb.

Cheers

Glad you don't have to be fed through a straw for the rest of your life.

Now, toughen up and stop wining like a baby and go ride your Cannondale. You won't find any better!!

Edited by Schwynn

Glad you don't have to be fed through a straw for the rest of your life.

Now, toughen up and stop wining like a baby and go ride your Cannondale. You won't find any better!!

Well said !!