Tribute to Burry

mrbaker

Felt like I had to ride, did a 45km on the mtb yesterday and also kept thinking of him...Tried to hammer a couple of climbs that little bit more. Was going to do a short brickrun today(using the roadbike). Ended up just doing the run,couldn't get myself to get on the roadbike.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is how it has impacted us every day riders who were never lucky enough to have even met him, I can't imagine what his family and friends are going through, its so sad, all the people who had something to say about him being humble and a really good guy to me he looked like the most humble down to earth guy. This is just So wrong!!!

A friend chatted to him at ss world champ said what a legend, when he grows up he wants to be burry (he is 39)

We had a big group ride today, Burry was the main topic for most of the 4 hour ride... I'm glad to see I am not the only one who feels so sad about this tragedy and I never knew him personally.... I really wish I had joined him on more training rides he had organised in Ballito, maar spyt kom altyd te laat......

I am not able to ride, I was hit by a car a few months back and now recovering from surgery to my shoulder. Burry's passing has left me hollow!

I look at my wife and kids and worry about getting on the road again...

I would like to see traFfic fines (all fines) multiplied by 10 to assist installing the rules on our roads!

I now have a 1.5 m sticker on my car.

Rode at Avianto this morning, and had to go onto the road for a bit getting lost. Was so apprehensive, and kept leaving the shoulder when cars passed. I've never been on road, and I get nervous just thinking about it.

Found myself screaming to the top of my lungs and nearly cried along my very long mtb ride yesterday.

Was on a big road for a bit and road on the wrong side of the road, staring every single taxi driver that passed out of his taxi.

Also going to cut the tar to a bare minimum, and ride on the wrong side when I feel unsafe. Seems cars don't watch out for us so I will rather see the coming, then at least I can swing out.

Went for a long ride on the road this morning. His passion for cycling my insparation not to sit on the couch. My ride in memory of my hero.

Did short session this morning with black arm band. I never met burry, but he was on my mind every second of my session...his family, wife and friends are in my prairs... it is so sad!

Just been for a moody contemplative ride at Groenies, enjoyed the ripe velt, flower, animals, thankful to be able to do that. Wildebeest very protective over their calves, snorting, scraping front paws. Still didn't klap that technical climb though, was just thinking how Burry would have motored up there.

However the drive there and back, flashed lights at every cretin who didn't indicate whilst changing lanes.

Did some mtbiking today. Mostly use the road bike but think i will use the mtb alot more and keep road bike for thinkbike rides and organised races and when i am in Europe. Its just too hectic on the road plus my wife is very panicy since she heard about Burry. Also thought bt Burry while riding countermanskloof. Thinking im sooo slow up this hill...Burry would have flown past me at serious speedbiggrin.png

Edited by Capcha Photography

Ek het n 100km met die padfiets gedoen. As n mens moet leef in vrees oor wat kan gebeur sal jy nooit leef nie. Bly op julle fietse en wees sigbaar. Hoe meer ons ry hoe meer sal mense bewus wees van ons. Ek dink nie Burry sou wou he dat ons moet ophou ry nie.

I rode Jhb critical mass last night and then did a nice easy 2 hour solo mtb ride this morning. No cellphone, No garmin, No HR strap, just the wind, the silence and the rolling wheels. It was a good time to just contemplate what has happened. Life must now go on......

if anything I now follow the road rules 110% now, always have been good, but definitely no slipping though that stop street etc just so I can be the good example and have a foot to stand on when I *** on a motorist for driving shitty.....