Bikes for Enduro... The restart

braailegend

Just after looking/drooling at the pics, this popped up on my Facebook page. @olympic cycles ffae11922cb2733d53653659ab9cb27c.jpg

ed31be9e6b1abaa41520d08d38737b1b.jpg

Edited by Twaatie

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For those prices they can keep those ugly Intense bikes.

Like that new Orbea a lot though.

Recluse for me please ... minus the horrid green decals on the rims :P

http://www.intensecycles.com/sites/default/files/bikes/product/limited-profile/Side-RecluseDVO-Web1.png

You better be damn fast if you're going to ride a colorway like that 

Edited by Jacquers

New Transition Sentinel.... looking like a longer travel beast. 150mm out back and 160 / 170 up front(?)

p5pb14880651.jpg

PB photographer Colin Meagher captured some spy shots of Transition's new Sentinel 29er trail bike at the NAEC enduro at Silver Mountain in Kellogg, Idaho. The Sentinel has an all-aluminum chassis that looks pretty slack in the steering department as 29ers go, and taking some ballpark measurements from the photos, the effective seat tube angle appears to be quite steep. "Effective" is the word, because the seat tube makes an S-turn to capture the rocker link pivot and to provide wheel clearance for the conventional Horst-Link four-bar suspension

That S-turn suggests that Transition has given the new Sentinel a generous amount of wheel travel (I'm guessing 150 millimeters). Speculation aside, the bike is obviously in the late production stages, so all will be revealed soon enough. With nearly every brand pushing big wheels at the moment, the Sentinel's appearance should not be a surprise, but for Transition fans, it may be exactly what the doctor ordered.

p5pb14880654.jpg

http://reviews.mtbr.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Transition-Sentinel-non-driveside.jpg

Edited by hellocolour

New Transition Sentinel.... looking like a longer travel beast. 150mm out back and 160 / 170 up front(?)

p5pb14880651.jpg

PB photographer Colin Meagher captured some spy shots of Transition's new Sentinel 29er trail bike at the NAEC enduro at Silver Mountain in Kellogg, Idaho. The Sentinel has an all-aluminum chassis that looks pretty slack in the steering department as 29ers go, and taking some ballpark measurements from the photos, the effective seat tube angle appears to be quite steep. "Effective" is the word, because the seat tube makes an S-turn to capture the rocker link pivot and to provide wheel clearance for the conventional Horst-Link four-bar suspension

That S-turn suggests that Transition has given the new Sentinel a generous amount of wheel travel (I'm guessing 150 millimeters). Speculation aside, the bike is obviously in the late production stages, so all will be revealed soon enough. With nearly every brand pushing big wheels at the moment, the Sentinel's appearance should not be a surprise, but for Transition fans, it may be exactly what the doctor ordered.

p5pb14880654.jpg

http://reviews.mtbr.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Transition-Sentinel-non-driveside.jpg

Well that makes my next bike buying decision a whole lot easier

p5pb14880651.jpg

PB photographer Colin Meagher captured some spy shots of Transition's new Sentinel 29er trail bike at the NAEC enduro at Silver Mountain in Kellogg, Idaho. The Sentinel has an all-aluminum chassis that looks pretty slack in the steering department as 29ers go, and taking some ballpark measurements from the photos, the effective seat tube angle appears to be quite steep. "Effective" is the word, because the seat tube makes an S-turn to capture the rocker link pivot and to provide wheel clearance for the conventional Horst-Link four-bar suspension

p5pb14880654.jpg

Seriously wouldn't mind swapping this bike for my enduro 29er. A tranny scout would also be a welcome addition.

There. Fixed it.

Nope - and I have called the style police to come and take you away for "reprogramming" .

Seriously wouldn't mind swapping this bike for my enduro 29er. A tranny scout would also be a welcome addition.

Looks like everyone is jumping on the long travel 29er band wagon Spaz started in 2013. Have they been sleeping...

Nope - and I have called the style police to come and take you away for "reprogramming" .

Glad we agree pricing has nothing to do with it then since they both have the exact price range.

so according to the spam email from Olympic Cycles, you can now get this in SA 

post-5403-0-49605100-1498649333_thumb.jpg