Bikes for Enduro... The restart

braailegend

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now if they made a new mojo AF, I'd be all over it.

They've actually tweaked this quite a lot to this one over the carbon. Mine can't run a coil as it's way to linear and this has been altered specifically for that and ships build with a range of coils. Rear suspension has pushed out a bit so that there is a wide range of rear shocks available (210x55) if you want to experiment. Head angle has slackened to 64.9, seat angle at 77 and the other numbers get pretty close to something like the Transition Sentinel which is a plow, hulk smash, mini DH rig. 

The carbon one has been run by the EWS team since it launched (mostly with the DPX2 shock over the X2) so it's not some long legged trail machine. I'd say this is the burlier, harder hitting, shore riding, ginger step brother. As oner review said 'it's just perfect for peddling somewhere and smashing the downs in a perfect huck, flat, pray way and then peddling back up'. 

Would be cool - but as mentioned before - logistics to get to the top with shuttles are an issue. Not to mention no one in SA willing to cough up the dough to cover the hosting fee

https://enduro-mtb.com/en/ibis-ripmo-af/?fbclid=IwAR0Na-MF98-veBrrv7F_yeu38okTQ0jIok3MzbMTSxqJmxcXXuv42YzvWsg

Aluminium RIPMO, for those that want one of the highest rated bikes of 2019, but not in caaaaaaabin. 

Ibis-Ripmo-AF-14Ibis-Ripmo-AF-Metal-Oudo

would love to know what this is going to sell for landed in SA!

would love to know what this is going to sell for landed in SA!

Willam's Bike Shop might know. I think they're Ibis dealers

Met a guy on a carbon Ripmo  this weekend. Said he loved it but very different to previous more enduro style bikes he'd owned. This AF one sounds more like best of both worlds. That said I'd still have an HD4.

Met a guy on a carbon Ripmo this weekend. Said he loved it but very different to previous more enduro style bikes he'd owned. This AF one sounds more like best of both worlds. That said I'd still have an HD4.

Tinder gives that info? Jokes. If it was at the top of Cobra then chances are that was me. :thumbup:  

Hi Ben!

G'Day Tim! Added another face to a name. Rode today and Rinkals wasn't open yet but saw the trail fairys hard at work and fixing Vasbyt. Kudos to them. 

G'Day Tim! Added another face to a name. Rode today and Rinkals wasn't open yet but saw the trail fairys hard at work and fixing Vasbyt. Kudos to them. 

Be honest ... did you have to wait a long time for Tim to catch up to you on the descents :P

This coming from a guy who only ever rides on dirt when they are resurfacing the cycle path?

Damned right!