Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or are all the DS 29er frames the same? They all look like they out the same mould.

yes, DS 29er IP-036, FM036, AC036, MC036,YCMSF07, MB836, HM036 etc are same frame mould. this is a best-seller DS 29er.

Is there any reviews on Super light mtb frame 29" HT IP-256-SL? thanks for any feedback.

yes, DS 29er IP-036, FM036, AC036, MC036,YCMSF07, MB836, HM036 etc are same frame mould. this is a best-seller DS 29er.

Is there any reviews on Super light mtb frame 29" HT IP-256-SL? thanks for any feedback.

I had one in the lab recently for some custom paintwork. Decent build quality and pretty respectable weight for a large frame at 1073gr.

Definitely one of the better Chinese carbon frames. :thumbup:

post-7810-0-72348700-1410932468_thumb.jpg

I know this has been asked somewhere in this thread, but it is still unanswered - has anyone bought from OEM-Carbon (www.oem-carbon.com)?

Looking at some wheels, and it looks like they can pretty much make to spec.

I know this has been asked somewhere in this thread, but it is still unanswered - has anyone bought from OEM-Carbon (www.oem-carbon.com)?

Looking at some wheels, and it looks like they can pretty much make to spec.

What wheel are you looking for.

I have not personally ordered from them but their prices seems high even though it includes shipping.

Finally Madam Ling-Ling is complete…

I started following this thread from the early beginnings and with the help of some of you as well as the guys over at mtbr forum fell in love with the concept of a Chinese Carbon build.

I got a great deal on a brand new 2012 Momsen SL929 which I used as the base for this build, stripping and selling the unwanted parts off to other hubbers.

The frame I went for was 1 of the first generation IP-256 frames from XMIPlay, Peter’s service was great and no communication issues there. Because I ordered the frame before they started advertising or manufacturing them there was quite a wait but the turn-around time on recent orders has now improved hugely.

Otherwise, after a whole lot of “hub-hunting”, “ebay swindling” and “crc scouring” I had the rest of the parts I wanted.

The LEGEND that is BogusOne did all the custom paint for me on the frame, bars, stem and fork.

post-38585-0-66582600-1411018387_thumb.png

Because I wanted to go 1x10 without a chainguide I did quite a bit of research around chaindrop and best ways to avoid it. This motivated me to go with the Hope Retainer Ring, has a more defined narrow-wide tooth shape than the Wolftooth or RaceFace chainrings and combined with the ZEE Clutch type derailleur because the ZEE has a shorter cage than the XTR but still capable of the 11-36 range of my cassette…so shouldn’t have any issues there.

My initial plans of a weight-weenie/gravel-racer style build will be pretty attainable just by swopping over to some lighter tyres, can lose around 500g – 700g if I go over to Spez/Geax rubber.

I’ll let you all know how she rides soon enough… ;)

oh...and yes the rear brake cable has now been internally routed and no longer taped to the downtube...

I started following this thread from the early beginnings and with the help of some of you as well as the guys over at mtbr forum fell in love with the concept of a Chinese Carbon build.

I got a great deal on a brand new 2012 Momsen SL929 which I used as the base for this build, stripping and selling the unwanted parts off to other hubbers.

The frame I went for was 1 of the first generation IP-256 frames from XMIPlay, Peter’s service was great and no communication issues there. Because I ordered the frame before they started advertising or manufacturing them there was quite a wait but the turn-around time on recent orders has now improved hugely.

Otherwise, after a whole lot of “hub-hunting”, “ebay swindling” and “crc scouring” I had the rest of the parts I wanted.

The LEGEND that is BogusOne did all the custom paint for me on the frame, bars, stem and fork.

attachicon.gifparts.PNG

Because I wanted to go 1x10 without a chainguide I did quite a bit of research around chaindrop and best ways to avoid it. This motivated me to go with the Hope Retainer Ring, has a more defined narrow-wide tooth shape than the Wolftooth or RaceFace chainrings and combined with the ZEE Clutch type derailleur because the ZEE has a shorter cage than the XTR but still capable of the 11-36 range of my cassette…so shouldn’t have any issues there.

My initial plans of a weight-weenie/gravel-racer style build will be pretty attainable just by swopping over to some lighter tyres, can lose around 500g – 700g if I go over to Spez/Geax rubber.

oh...and yes the rear brake cable has now been internally routed and no longer taped to the downtube...

Pictures, pls

Thanks, love the gold decals

Edited by NixM

attachicon.gifparts.PNG

Pics or it did not happen. :P

Pics...

Awesome pics!! Finally a person on the hub that has put a proper boss stem on their bike!! Mtb with 120mm stem looks the part

Awesome pics!! Finally a person on the hub that has put a proper boss stem on their bike!! Mtb with 120mm stem looks the part

Shot bud...i'm also a little abnormally built so tend to need the further reach

Pictures, pls

Thanks, love the gold decals

The gold Hope seatclamp wasn't on the bike yet when i took the pics unfortunately...