Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm itching to get one of these frames. Looks really nice. Anybody got this design and can comment on the geometry and how it handles?

Been looking at a carbon ds as well. From what I've read so far. One of the major setbacks for that frame is the brake hose routing that follows the toptube and seat stay bending quite awkwardly with compression

These frames fr9m hongfu have better routing but a max tire of 2.2

http://www.hongfu-bikes.com/html_Products/Mountain_Frame/29ER_Mountain_Frame/2017/0622/482.html

Edited by brad890

Been looking at a carbon ds as well. From what I've read so far. One of the major setbacks for that frame is the brake hose routing that follows the toptube and seat stay bending quite awkwardly with compression

These frames fr9m hongfu have better routing but a max tire of 2.2

http://www.hongfu-bikes.com/html_Products/Mountain_Frame/29ER_Mountain_Frame/2017/0622/482.html

2.2" ... is it a roadie duallie frame?!?!?

Check with them, it might be a typo on the site.

Anyone used EMS lately for getting a frame here and rough waiting time.

Have some other parcels at international mail waitimg to be processed for 2 months now but that was china mail not ems.

Anyone used EMS lately for getting a frame here and rough waiting time.

Have some other parcels at international mail waitimg to be processed for 2 months now but that was china mail not ems.

I just received a parcel shipped via EMS this afternoon - shipping, customs clearance and delivery in 19 calendar days. Its the only affordable option you should select when shipping from Asia.

I just received a parcel shipped via EMS this afternoon - shipping, customs clearance and delivery in 19 calendar days. Its the only affordable option you should select when shipping from Asia.

If I may ask? Customs expensive?

Just pulled the trigger on a M06 DS frame from dengfu, from what I could read online reviews seem quite good. Anyone riding one of these at the moment?

Now just the Looong wait for EMS, hopefully they aren't as backed up as the normal china mail stuff :wacko:

Have a parcel that arrived in the country 02 October and still hasn't been sent to customs for processing, and SAPO Durban tells me there is a 2 month backlog with 1000 bags of mail from china that haven't been opened yet :huh:

post-13613-0-30031200-1511446437_thumb.jpg

Edited by brad890

Hi all. Have anyone bought a Trident Thrust HT frame from Trident Sport or MTB carbon rims from Crazy Carbon on AliX? Both Supliers very helpful. Trident supplies test certs.. if that is worth anything?

Just pulled the trigger on a M06 DS frame from dengfu, from what I could read online reviews seem quite good. Anyone riding one of these at the moment?

Now just the Looong wait for EMS, hopefully they aren't as backed up as the normal china mail stuff :wacko:

Have a parcel that arrived in the country 02 October and still hasn't been sent to customs for processing, and SAPO Durban tells me there is a 2 month backlog with 1000 bags of mail from china that haven't been opened yet :huh:

I was about to ask other peoples experience of this. My parts are sitting at customs and have been for a week. Do you have to phone them, or is it just be patient? How long does it normally take? and do the post office online tracking things work domestically (i.e. will i be able to tell when its through customs)? 

I was about to ask other peoples experience of this. My parts are sitting at customs and have been for a week. Do you have to phone them, or is it just be patient? How long does it normally take? and do the post office online tracking things work domestically (i.e. will i be able to tell when its through customs)? 

If foreign tracking number says that it is at customs then call your regional office, give them the foreign tracking number for which they can then give you the domestic tracking number.

https://www.postoffice.co.za/ContactUs/contactdetails.html

From my experience so far it can take anything from 1 to 4 weeks once it states that customs has your parcel on the online tracking. From there another week to go through our normal postal service to your local post office.

If foreign tracking number says that it is at customs then call your regional office, give them the foreign tracking number for which they can then give you the domestic tracking number.

https://www.postoffice.co.za/ContactUs/contactdetails.html

From my experience so far it can take anything from 1 to 4 weeks once it states that customs has your parcel on the online tracking. From there another week to go through our normal postal service to your local post office.

If tracking says it's out of customs and at DURMAIL hub, take a drive there. Start at the international post office building to get the tracking printed and they'll tell you what door to go to, then go to the actual warehouse and find someone that looks like they know what they're doing and insist they help you locate your parcel. When you get there you'll soon understand why our mail service is so pathetic... :whistling:

I've got the IP-036 - which I think is the same frame, just a different supplier...

Done the Attakwas, 100 miler,  Trans Baviaans, Joberg2C and everything in between.  No problems.  For R6k (what I paid at the time), it's the best money I've spent on a bike...

http://www.xmiplay.com/upload/_2013814185524828.jpg

I regularly buy on Alix, always take cheapest shipping .. no hast. Takes a month to get to SA and then another month to my local PO. I’ve learned to be patient. Fast shipping are xpensive and a deal killer for me. I have the cel and landline of the PO Int del dude and phone him at 8am sharp for info when needed (he is in Cape Town). Never had any issues with quality up to now from China.

Help me right: Chinese frames have longer Seat Tubes, shorter Top Tubes, steaper HA, Skacker Seat Tube Angle. = Shorter Reach, weight further over back wheel. = go for a size biger.