Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

attachicon.gifIMG_2332.JPGOne year so far on my CS-057. Absolute blast too ride, super fast and light. When I had the rigid fork on and Maxxis Ikon 2.35 it came it at 8.8kg. Now it is in Joberg2C trim with a Reba 100mm and Marvel Carbon wheelset with Hope Pro4 Hubs and Schwalbe rubber. Comes in at 9kg as seen in picture.

I have ridden numerous trails and races with it and it is holding up just fine to the punishment (that was in rigid configuration). Now for the next chapter with suspension and carbon wheel set...

Very nice. Did you import this yourself, if so how long did it take for the frame to arrive, etc?

Tom

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice. Did you import this yourself, if so how long did it take for the frame to arrive, etc?

Tom

I was lucky that a cycling friend of mine does imports from China. So we had two frames sent to his agent, who then packed it in the container coming here. That took 5 days. Guys I ride with at CycleLab just brought in 2 frames. I think they waited about 3 weeks for the frames to arrive and clear customs. That was also through Peter at Carbon Speed.

Hong Fu are currently running a pre-order special on the FM258. Geometry looks similar to the Scott Spark. Works out to $700 excluding customs which should be about another $120. What do you guys think? 

post-41413-0-28686100-1524049979_thumb.jpg

post-41413-0-66936200-1524051273_thumb.jpg

Edited by sub7

• 2 weeks later...

Hong Fu are currently running a pre-order special on the FM258. Geometry looks similar to the Scott Spark. Works out to $700 excluding customs which should be about another $120. What do you guys think? 

I like it - might have to drop some cash :-)  

Will check if the Rand strengthens towards the end of the week.

I like it - might have to drop some cash :-)  

Will check if the Rand strengthens towards the end of the week.

Anybody else having issues access Hong Fu Page?    I get a whole lot of Chinese writing  which according to Google means the web page is not available for various possible reasons  :wacko:

post-26499-0-77970900-1525097128_thumb.jpg

Anybody else having issues access Hong Fu Page?    I get a whole lot of Chinese writing  which according to Google means the web page is not available for various possible reasons  :wacko:

yip same page when I try access it

yip same page when I try access it

bah humbug

hope it's a temporary thing and they haven't gone under...

bah humbug

hope it's a temporary thing and they haven't gone under...

Hope they haven't gone under... Waiting on an order to be shipped.

Anybody else having issues access Hong Fu Page? I get a whole lot of Chinese writing which according to Google means the web page is not available for various possible reasons :wacko:

Same here

Same here

I can get onto their site now.  And Jenny replied to my mails.

So probably just a hosting issue.

(Try flushing your dns:  from command prompt type  ipconfig/flushdns )

Hope they haven't gone under... Waiting on an order to be shipped.

What did you get :)

My partial Chinese Carbon experience (will update when items arrive):

Placed an order with Nextie: a rim and then later added a seatpost to my order.

I used Aramex Global shopper to get it here. Anyway, my stuff is about to be delivered and then I get a notification to say I have another shipment coming in. Confused?? I emailed ‘Brian’ to find out why there’s a second shipment and he responded stating that they couldn’t get the seatpost ready on time and didn’t want to delay my order so sent it in a different package once completed and told that I must send him the invoice for shipping and he will reimburse me.

Top class customer service by Nextie, definitely going to be ordering more products from them if they are as good quality as promised, which I’m sure they are.

Will update when items arrive with some snaps.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally all my stuff from Nextie arrived after customs thought it was a fun idea to detain my shipment and process it twice.

Rim: Great quality, looks super nice and it’s super light. Taking it out for its first ride today. If you in the market for a carbon rim, definitely give Nextie a look! Brian from Nextie is super helpful.

Seatpost: great quality as well and looks good. Easy to set up.

Here’s some pictures below.

75531c42550815fd455b804c25b0c683.jpg

dcabae351873efd48a1654ad98dbcfa0.jpg

bd54feb42408b0603dffa0840e4eee2c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk