Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sho 177 pages... Can anyone enlight me about what percentage of duties I must expect if I order a set of wheels from aliexpress ?

sho 177 pages... Can anyone enlight me about what percentage of duties I must expect if I order a set of wheels from aliexpress ?

No duties on bike parts. Just VAT and ATV, which causes VAT to be charged at an effective rate of 16.5%

lol the way they pick whats subject to duties in this country blows my mind... they charge duties on stuff that isn't produced locally but not on things that are... what a way of protecting neither the consumer nor the manufacturer...

Thanks for the info !

its the worst time to buy... the ZAR is soo bad and chances of your package being delayed is quite high.

My business is in France, so the only thing with the Zar is that the equivalent will be a bit higher for the 16% I'll have to pay at customs... Not sure about de delay tough... I'm not really in any rush though as there's no races on schedule thanks to Corona

Since my chinese ec90 bars cracked I have not bought anything again

I've tried rims/wheels from the better know manufacturers without issue (and will probably continue to), but I've never been brave enough to try handlebars partially due to having seen how poor some "knockoffs" are relative to originals.

Considering relative pricing I'd rather spend a bit more on authentic Ritchey, Easton, 3T etc.

I've tried rims/wheels from the better know manufacturers without issue (and will probably continue to), but I've never been brave enough to try handlebars partially due to having seen how poor some "knockoffs" are relative to originals.

Considering relative pricing I'd rather spend a bit more on authentic Ritchey, Easton, 3T etc.

Yes, I can't understand why someone would knowingly entrust their life to a known criminal. They deserve all the misfortune they get.

With Chinese products, the carbon is not the issue but the 'inferior' resins resulting in the lower price.

Is this true?

If so, how successful are insurance claims?

With Chinese products, the carbon is not the issue but the 'inferior' resins resulting in the lower price.

Is this true?

Who knows.

Some Chinese products are excellent but those that purport to be "Easton" or "Pinarello" and other counterfeit products are the product of criminal activities and are never to be trusted.

Not the best time now to order from China   :ph34r:

attachicon.gifIMG-20200312-WA0005.jpg

Just ordered a set of those https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32776334506.html?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000023.29.225a1846HysMwW

50mm deep, 23mm wide, with the R36 hub and ceramic bearings, let's see how they do

393 euros at the current (****) rate it's equivalent to 8300 rand including taxes

will be holding thumbs...

ahah **** I missed this post from the prev. page. The situation in China being way better than the rest of the world (at least officially) I'm hoping it will change until they ship... Ordered with EMS to get it sooner and I'm assuming they won't deliver to my door but I'll have to go fetch it... let's see

ahah **** I missed this post from the prev. page. The situation in China being way better than the rest of the world (at least officially) I'm hoping it will change until they ship... Ordered with EMS to get it sooner and I'm assuming they won't deliver to my door but I'll have to go fetch it... let's see

They deliver to your door! At least mine was, and It was sent via EMS.

They deliver to your door! At least mine was, and It was sent via EMS.

oh that's cool ! you remember how long it took ? did you pay for the VAT at your door or did you have to do an EFT prior to delivery ?

oh that's cool ! you remember how long it took ? did you pay for the VAT at your door or did you have to do an EFT prior to delivery ?

Vat Cash on delivery.  Took about 3 weeks.