Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With regards to my nice new rims, got down to Amashova start and had a flat front tire, starting changing the tube and noticed this had happened to my rim - completely stuffed and unsafe to ride.

By an absolute stroke of luck, the guy in the car next to me offered me a spare wheel it worked out to be @PROZAC (from the hub unknown at that time) - a true gentleman!

Had 3.14 minutes (mind not completely in the race) to ponder as to what on earth happened to the new rim. The rim tape had been pushed through the spoke hole and the tube has a slash about 1cm in length. The tire is absolutely perfect.

Still not 100% sure as to what exactly happened.

Got my office in HK to speak to Hongfu directly, they seem puzzled but had immediately said a new front rim will be sent out Monday/Tuesday next week. Impressive service i must say (will confirm once the rim has actually been sent and arrived in SA)

Frame is at the sprayer and will be ready late next week

Sorry for the loss...i do hope you get sorted real quick with replacement wheel ! Tell me have you done your sprayjob on the frame already....dying to see !

ordered from Carbonmatt store on aliexpress 18 Oct and the frames were delivered today the 28th :w00t: Finished truing the wheels yesterday, now to order the shocks, going to be tough staring at the frame every day, it is even more sexy that the online pic....

Looking for a carbon road wheelset, who and where and what to look at? I'm a complete novice and noobie when it comes to all this road bike.

Thanks

Are the bicycles from Ali Express original?

What is the weight of the wheels or bike as compared to the original?

How much import duty do ypu get charged on the bike.

Regards

Are the bicycles from Ali Express original?

What is the weight of the wheels or bike as compared to the original?

How much import duty do ypu get charged on the bike.

Regards

they are original blanks, no name brand vat and duties is 15%

Looking for a carbon road wheelset, who and where and what to look at? I'm a complete novice and noobie when it comes to all this road bike.

Thanks

I priced internationally from http://www.wheelsfar.com/ (cos they listed weights and they're light - i'm a weight weenie) never priced at Dengfu/Hongfu etc on the 38mm Full Carbon Clincher. I got the following:

Price for New FSC38-CM with Edhub and Sapim cx-ray is US $578.Weight 1250+/-30g.

Shipping cost for the complete wheel is US $117

Paypal handling fee 4.5%

When you do all the maths, my option is to rather look local from CCD & have a 2yr warranty @ R7700 although the wheels will be i'm guessing 100-150g heavier

What pressure do you pump your tyres to?

Tires were pumped to 7 Bar, HongFu has been great with this problem. Replacement rim is on its way to me already at no cost to me (apart from Duty) and then i will need to get the wheel built - but can live with that

Picking up the frame from the sprayer today!

I priced internationally from http://www.wheelsfar.com/ (cos they listed weights and they're light - i'm a weight weenie) never priced at Dengfu/Hongfu etc on the 38mm Full Carbon Clincher. I got the following:

Price for New FSC38-CM with Edhub and Sapim cx-ray is US $578.Weight 1250+/-30g.

Shipping cost for the complete wheel is US $117

Paypal handling fee 4.5%

When you do all the maths, my option is to rather look local from CCD & have a 2yr warranty @ R7700 although the wheels will be i'm guessing 100-150g heavier

Sorted myself out with a set of Fulcrum 5's from CRC, a steal at only R2350. Thanks for the info though :thumbup:

Tires were pumped to 7 Bar, HongFu has been great with this problem. Replacement rim is on its way to me already at no cost to me (apart from Duty) and then i will need to get the wheel built - but can live with that

Hi Lone One - who did you use to spray your frame. please post some pics

If there was a RMA, you should be able to get the rim free/gratis/mahala. Not sure if you'd need to ship the old 1 back but i stand under correction.

Sorted myself out with a set of Fulcrum 5's from CRC, a steal at only R2350. Thanks for the info though :thumbup:

In my opinion…you can never go wrong with Fullcrum…my favorite wheels !!

Sorry for the loss...i do hope you get sorted real quick with replacement wheel ! Tell me have you done your sprayjob on the frame already....dying to see !

Frame been painted, sending in for build tomorrow

post-39019-0-82332300-1383157492_thumb.jpg

post-39019-0-33541400-1383157509_thumb.jpg

post-39019-0-36043800-1383157525_thumb.jpg