Gear for Enduro 2.0

DR ◣◢

Anybody here have any experience with Kore Realm rims?

I'm looking at getting a wheelset built up at Rapide, but was wondering about the Kore rims compared to the Rapide ones. Both at 30mm internal width.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody here have any experience with Kore Realm rims?

I'm looking at getting a wheelset built up at Rapide, but was wondering about the Kore rims compared to the Rapide ones. Both at 30mm internal width.

Solid. Mate of mine is about my weight, but rides like a potato. A particularly fast potato. Rims are still as true as they were the day they were put on.

On another mate of mine's bike as well. This dude riders even harder than a particularly fast potato. Still perfect.

Just please, whatever you do. DO NOT SPEC ALU NIPPLES

Solid. Mate of mine is about my weight, but rides like a potato. A particularly fast potato. Rims are still as true as they were the day they were put on.

On another mate of mine's bike as well. This dude riders even harder than a particularly fast potato. Still perfect.

Just please, whatever you do. DO NOT SPEC ALU NIPPLES

I assume you're referring to the Kore rims in your post? 

Was keen on some blue nipples, but I've decided against it haha

• 2 weeks later...

So this just happened. I will nearly need to replace my 11spd XO cassette, and I have been back and forth about one of these 9-46t 11spd cassettes for a while, but then GX Eagle was released, and now NX Eagle making the choice a bit harder. But in the back of my mind going GX or NX from XO1 is a downgrade, even if it is Eagle (purely in my head - I know).

But this conversion kit from e.thirteen looks awesome. Keep my current drivetrain, convert it to 12spd, have massive range, and all for less than GX Eagle - I'd call that a win!

Gonna give the distributors a shout today to hear when it will be available in SA, and see what pricing is like (299USD).

So this just happened. I will nearly need to replace my 11spd XO cassette, and I have been back and forth about one of these 9-46t 11spd cassettes for a while, but then GX Eagle was released, and now NX Eagle making the choice a bit harder. But in the back of my mind going GX or NX from XO1 is a downgrade, even if it is Eagle (purely in my head - I know).

But this conversion kit from e.thirteen looks awesome. Keep my current drivetrain, convert it to 12spd, have massive range, and all for less than GX Eagle - I'd call that a win!

Gonna give the distributors a shout today to hear when it will be available in SA, and see what pricing is like (299USD).

That looks like a proper piece of kit!

Did you manage to get a price yet?

pleaseprovide sum extensive feedback once you have it ( also eeying it  :ph34r:  )

Did you manage to get a price yet?

I have not got an exact price yet, but from what I gather it will be between R5000 amd R5500. So basically this makes sense if you have an 11 speed XO1 and up groupo and you don't want to "downgrade". From GX down it will be cheaper to just get a new 12spd drivetrain.

I am 99% sure I'm gonna do this end of July because my cassette needs replacing anyway. I will update once I have bought and installed it...

The comment section on this one is golden...

$500 for a set of bars is ridiculous tho. Especially in light of the fact that we've been told that flex is the devil for the past forever.

$500 for a set of bars is ridiculous tho. Especially in light of the fact that we've been told that flex is the devil for the past forever.

Soon there will be different versions; 3mm flexx for XC, and 10mm flexx for enduro, then there will be aftermarket damper upgrades, until we go full enduro with coils and piggybacks for our handlebars.

Edited by stefmeister

Yeah it is - crazy that they make the same bar for moto for USD200. And in moto it makes sense, high speed hard impacts and vibration from the bike itself for a couple hours and you have dead hands. So there I buy it, but for a bicycle - it's just plain stupid. It's the last place I want any flex.

Yeah it is - crazy that they make the same bar for moto for USD200. And in moto it makes sense, high speed hard impacts and vibration from the bike itself for a couple hours and you have dead hands. So there I buy it, but for a bicycle - it's just plain stupid. It's the last place I want any flex.

Someone is going to pull "economies of scale" out of their @ss. Give it a few hours Forgetting that R1500 is already K@K expensive for a bar. Let alone R7000.

But then again CB make a pump for the bargain price of $200 odd.