Gear for Enduro 2.0

DR ◣◢

And these....post-41583-0-00263600-1400789414_thumb.jpg

Any good?

Yes, but I'm more intrigued with these...

http://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/users/109/photos/63265/s780_BT_20130829_untitled_shoot_037.jpg?1378261529

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/users/109/photos/63265/s780_BT_20130829_untitled_shoot_037.jpg?1378261529

Heard anything about them?? looks heavy :ph34r:

They're being brought in by these guys... http://www.performan...d-clipless.aspx

Not cheap, but 590g for a pair vs 543 (claimed) for the DX's. But these have proper pins, and look t have a better platform

Yeah, i was checking that website out today.. price is a bit heavy. the DX's are around R900 at leadout cycles.

Also, the crank bro's Mallet??? :ph34r: seeing that the Mallet 1's is in the same price bracket as the Mamba2's i think.

Yeah, i was checking that website out today.. price is a bit heavy. the DX's are around R900 at leadout cycles.

Also, the crank bro's Mallet??? :ph34r: seeing that the Mallet 1's is in the same price bracket as the Mamba2's i think.

Heard anything about them?? looks heavy :ph34r:

Also interested....any feedback from anyone?

NO. Maybe the Mallet DH, but there's a reason they're called Crap Brothers. I'd MUCH rather have the DX than the CB's. But those Funns are HAWT!!

Also interested....any feedback from anyone?

They're pretty much brand new. Look like they use the same system as Shimano, so SPD compatible. Which means they SHOULD be reliable, cos it's a very very reliable system, that.

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

They're pretty much brand new. Look like they use the same system as Shimano, so SPD compatible. Which means they SHOULD be reliable, cos it's a very very reliable system, that.

So then it basically comes down to how easy they are to clip in and out.... don't know much about flat pedals, but the Mamba 2's only have four pins. is that enough? seen flats with way more pins??

So then it basically comes down to how easy they are to clip in and out.... don't know much about flat pedals, but the Mamba 2's only have four pins. is that enough? seen flats with way more pins??

Yeah, but that's cos they're proper flats. With these, the pins are the secondary securing device, after the cleats. So they're not as important to have. But where it's better than the DX's is that they have the pins whereas the DX just has the cage with a few filed sections. When you're not clipped in, the pins will grip the soles better than the cage on the DX. So it's a combination. If you had too many pins, you'd probably not be able to reposition your foot as easily when you needed to clip in. 2 fore and 2 aft is enough to keep the foot in position when you're not able to clip in quickly enough.

That's my take, at least.

Yeah, but that's cos they're proper flats. With these, the pins are the secondary securing device, after the cleats. So they're not as important to have. But where it's better than the DX's is that they have the pins whereas the DX just has the cage with a few filed sections. When you're not clipped in, the pins will grip the soles better than the cage on the DX. So it's a combination. If you had too many pins, you'd probably not be able to reposition your foot as easily when you needed to clip in. 2 fore and 2 aft is enough to keep the foot in position when you're not able to clip in quickly enough.

That's my take, at least.

Seen other write ups about a different version (no clipless) with too many pins....according to writer...difficult to relocate foot position with too many pins

I see they also got single side clipless, so you can choose....perfect for my 5.10 Stealths...balance of pedal may be an issue though....they may keep swivelling round with cage down so clipping in may be a pain!?

And these....post-41583-0-00263600-1400789414_thumb.jpg

Any good?

I got these...much better platform than say the standard 540's if you want clipless.... a bit more area in case you come loose, great with 5.10 Stealths....

post-38195-0-31216200-1400836812_thumb.jpgpost-38195-0-31216200-1400836812_thumb.jpg

I'm thinking the single sided version could be a great all rounder with some am45's. Clipped in for pedalling and then flat for hitting new jumps etc. The flat side has ten decent looking pins(away from the cleat area)

Yeah, I wouldn't want to be hitting a jump with my AM45's not clipped in. Their soles aren't exaclty tacky. 5.10's maybe, but I also find inevitably you do rely ever so slightly on the security of being clipped in even with proper flat pedal technique so suddenly going Jekyl/Hide may end you on jumps.

I'd rather use the flat part on a trail with plenty of fast loose corners where foot out is the name of the game.

those remind of these

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i472/speedpark/wellgoWAM-D10black_zps42b4783b.jpg

519g but only from about R500 a set

Don't like the idea of one side clipped and the other not, with the idea that you can choose which side you want to ride on.

If on tar or gravel you would have the luxury of choosing while riding, but on a proper trail you don't want to be thinking of going you are going to get the pedal on the side you want when hitting a tech a section