Gear for Enduro 2.0

DR ◣◢

no jokes though, that dakine bite valve is terrible

its like trying to get tomato sauce from a mustard bottle, not gonna happen

Funny that, I like it *much* more than the Camelbak version. It doesn't behave like a 14yo in a brothel full of supermodels when called upon to do its thing...

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny that, I like it *much* more than the Camelbak version. It doesn't behave like a 14yo in a brothel full of supermodels when called upon to do its thing...

rather that than trying to get water out the dakine (which is like trying to squeeze water out a brick) while youre gasping for breath after a descent trying to keep capricorn (Cpt Corner) off your rear wheel!

rather that than trying to get water out the dakine (which is like trying to squeeze water out a brick) while youre gasping for breath after a descent trying to keep capricorn (Cpt Corner) off your rear wheel!

BAHAHAHAHA!!! I know that feeling. Just hearing that little giggle when you're a make a mistake mid corner and he's THERE.

BAHAHAHAHA!!! I know that feeling. Just hearing that little giggle when you're a make a mistake mid corner and he's THERE.

no what he'd do is whisper for me to come back and redo the corner, but he'd say it so quietly that i wouldnt hear him and id frantically go down the trail as if he was breathing down my neck meanwhile he was waiting at the top for me to come and listen to the words of wisdom

Never had any hassles with mine.

Have you made sure that the small black rotating cut off valve on the bite valve is not partially closed by any chance? It's not nearly as obvious as the CB cut off valve and it caught me out once in the beginning...

Never had any hassles with mine.

Have you made sure that the small black rotating cut off valve on the bite valve is not partially closed by any chance? It's not nearly as obvious as the CB cut off valve and it caught me out once in the beginning...

I got myself the Dakine Nomad pack - very happy with it. thanks to all that assisted me in making a decision. i initially struggled with the valve, but then figured it out. it has 3 settings actually:

1. closed
  2. sip sip
  3. open

I think its a nice feature. and no hassles thus far.

nope, still dont know how to get a decent flow out this dakine

i ended up holding the bag above my head, the water still wasnt really fast enough, but at least i didnt need to do anything to get at it. ideally id want the water from a hydropack to be accessible at the same rate as water from a glass, but that isint really avaliable right now, and since the rest of the dakine nomad is so good i dont care enough to do anything about it.

nope, still dont know how to get a decent flow out this dakine

i ended up holding the bag above my head, the water still wasnt really fast enough, but at least i didnt need to do anything to get at it. ideally id want the water from a hydropack to be accessible at the same rate as water from a glass, but that isint really avaliable right now, and since the rest of the dakine nomad is so good i dont care enough to do anything about it.

My nomad has been great, just check that the hose is completely clipped into the bladder because that can limit flow...a lot

• 1 month later...

RockShox Monarch DebonAir shock sleeve upgrade

http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/category/components/rear-shocks/product/review-rockshox-monarch-debonair-shock-sleeve-upgrade-14-48907/

"Simple sensitivity and end stroke upgrade makes Monarch dampers the new rulers of rear suspension"

http://cdn.mos.bikeradar.com/images/bikes-and-gear/components/rear-shocks/1412762177733-1rkeepp7txw4t-700-80.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys. Looking for elbow pads but not sure on which will work best for me. I broke my arm 3 weeks back near the elbow knuckle and have been advise that it will be safer to wear some protection on the arm for the next couple months when riding. anyone have any real world suggestions on what could work best? something with a hard cap is preferable. the pad needs to be worn at all times so not just putting it on when descending.

I have been looking at the following:

MXalliance

661 Rage hard cap

troy lee EG5550

Full throttle

fox titan race

leatt elbow hard

any advise would be appreciated. I am only looking at buying locally, not interested in importing goods at this moment.

hey guys. Looking for elbow pads but not sure on which will work best for me. I broke my arm 3 weeks back near the elbow knuckle and have been advise that it will be safer to wear some protection on the arm for the next couple months when riding. anyone have any real world suggestions on what could work best? something with a hard cap is preferable. the pad needs to be worn at all times so not just putting it on when descending.

MXalliance

661 Rage hard cap

troy lee EG5550

Full throttle

fox titan race

leatt elbow hard

any advise would be appreciated. I am only looking at buying locally, not interested in importing goods at this moment.

I broke my arm very badly 5 months ago. I have been using the TLD 5550's and very happy with them. Very comfortable. Fabric is breathable but it's still quite warm. Mine are the elbow and full forearm version though. Pulling them on and off is a pain as there aren't adjustable straps but once on I generally forget about them.

MXalliance

661 Rage hard cap

troy lee EG5550

Full throttle

fox titan race

leatt elbow hard

I've used the TLD's and then sold them to go straight over to the Leatt's. The Troy Lee's are nice and light but personally I found the Leatt's offer better protection and padding. They are a little bulky but you don't notice once you start riding and they are super comfy, more so than the TLD's, but as I said, that's just for me personally.

A little while ago I had quite a hard lie-down (my first with the TLD KG 5400's) and I was pleasantly surprised by how well they stayed in place.

Having used them day in and day out for 2 weeks in the Alps, I can also recommend them as a fit-and-forget, pedallable, light, comfy knee guard.

A little while ago I had quite a hard lie-down (my first with the TLD KG 5400's) and I was pleasantly surprised by how well they stayed in place.

Having used them day in and day out for 2 weeks in the Alps, I can also recommend them as a fit-and-forget, pedallable, light, comfy knee guard.

:huh:

Are you suggesting that shakamara is like a dog?...that he can put the knee guards like yours on his elbows?