Gear for Enduro 2.0

DR ◣◢

Jeez, there I was thinking I'd gone and got a decent fork in the pike and now all I'm hearing is that the former bench mark of trail forks is a lame duck! Darn... may have to get me some Vorsprung action. ;) 

Thanks for validating another purchase that will have other members of the family shaking their heads. Again. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez, there I was thinking I'd gone and got a decent fork in the pike and now all I'm hearing is that the former bench mark of trail forks is a lame duck! Darn... may have to get me some Vorsprung action. ;)

Thanks for validating another purchase that will have other members of the family shaking their heads. Again.

No bru relax. Font let other's analysis paralysis form your opinion for you.

Unless you really want to spend money based on the opinions of others, then be my guest.

No bru relax. Font let other's analysis paralysis form your opinion for you.

Unless you really want to spend money based on the opinions of others, then be my guest.

Thanks! Actually it was a bit tongue in cheek as my attention to the finer points of what its happening to my kit is very limited. I ignore tweaking any of the dials, I set and forget and only thing I do do is make sure after every ride the red ring is 95 - 99% to the top. I wouldn't know if my negative space is too little or my tokens are too much. It rides, it goes over things and it saves my ass when I run out of talent! 

Just wanna chip in here on the Luftkappe. I have done 5 upgrades before we launched it on the site to get a real world feel for it and everyone was blown away with the performance. That combined with some SKF seals really makes a Pike buttery smooth and super compliant on the small stuff with great mid stroke feel. I normally remove one token.

If you are thinking of doing it yourself use a hair drier to heat up the shaft before you attempt removing the piston as some factory guys obviously have some Loctite happy days from my experience. 

Please shout if you need installation advise or have any other pre-sales questions. Will gladly help you guys get setup.

Edited by jaqkar

Cheeky Hijack: all this talk of Vorsprung reminded me I had a Corset air can in the draw for a Fox rear shock so I've put it up for sale. Fitted and ridden once to an RP I was selling to see what it was like. Was keeping it for another RP I was getting but ended up getting a killer deal on a Monarch Deb' that meant I was left with the corset. 

https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/245514-vorsprung-corset-air-sleeve-for-fox/

Get a Mattoc 2 PRO with IRT air spring side tune...half the price of a Piek and kicks arse!!! :D

Are those available in Sa? What are the services like?

Are those available in Sa? What are the services like?

Ya they are available here, but cheaper and simpler to get from CRC. Order Monday morning with DHL, have in hands Wednesday afternoon :)

Self service is easy and Droo at Stoke knows his way around mine so no worries there either.

Just wanna chip in here on the Luftkappe. I have done 5 upgrades before we launched it on the site to get a real world feel for it and everyone was blown away with the performance. That combined with some SKF seals really makes a Pike buttery smooth and super compliant on the small stuff with great mid stroke feel. I normally remove one token.

If you are thinking of doing it yourself use a hair drier to heat up the shaft before you attempt removing the piston as some factory guys obviously have some Loctite happy days from my experience. 

Please shout if you need installation advise or have any other pre-sales questions. Will gladly help you guys get setup.

Oy vey! One can not unsee what has been seen...this is going to cost me. Can you guys not perhaps do the installation as well?

Edited by Pyka

Oy vey! One can not unsee what has been seen...this is going to cost me. Can you guys not perhaps do the installation as well?

One shall not be disappointed! I am based in GP but can point you to someone in your area that can help you with installation. If all else fails you can send me your fork and will do the upgrade for you here and ship it back at my cost. Will shoot you a pm. 

Edited by jaqkar

Put 2 more tokens in my Pike this morning. Feels like a Marzo now.

Just messing. It does have a coil feel tho which is good. With the 1 token it felt a bit harsh on the small stuff. Chris reckons I should get one of those MRP Gubbins but I just can't justify the cost.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Can you put tokens in older Revelation forks, I'm assuming you can put a token in pretty much any air fork if they are available for that particular fork or if not you could still DIY it.

Do tokens help with soaking up early to mid travel small bumps etc?

Put 2 more tokens in my Pike this morning. Feels like a Marzo now.

Just messing. It does have a coil feel tho which is good. With the 1 token it felt a bit harsh on the small stuff. Chris reckons I should get one of those MRP Gubbins but I just can't justify the cost.

Luftkappe. 1200 and makes it "Like the lyrik"

Replaces the stock piston and is exactly what RS have done in the "new" pike

Can you put tokens in older Revelation forks, I'm assuming you can put a token in pretty much any air fork if they are available for that particular fork or if not you could still DIY it.

Do tokens help with soaking up early to mid travel small bumps etc?

They allo you to lower the pressure in your fork which enhances small hump sensitivity whilst making it more progressive

They allo you to lower the pressure in your fork which enhances small hump sensitivity whilst making it more progressive

Is this very different from what the tokens do Myles?

Edited by Pyka

Is this very different from what the tokens do Myles?

Yes. Tokens don't reduce the negative air chamber volume, they reduce the positive air chamber volume.

Luftkappe increases the negative air chamber volume, thereby making it more sensitive to small bumps and chatter.