Gear for Enduro 2.0

DR ◣◢

Anyone keen to buy a set of Hope M4's or swap for xt/xtr? No offers is Avid please I'd rather have clap.

I think 4 pot brakes are not really optimal for the type of riding I do.

I'd be interested to hear your reasons. I've had XT on my last 3 bikes and can honestly say I've never felt short of braking power.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be interested to hear your reasons. I've had XT on my last 3 bikes and can honestly say I've never felt short of braking power.

Always been a Hope guy. I've had 4 sets on various bikes and they've been great. 4 Alps trips on them and never had an ounce of fade. but times have moved on and the Shimano Saints on my DH bike are amazing. (Bike has been sold) And the XT's I used on a test bike recently were AMAZING. A bit grabby but you soon get used to that and I like the incredibly light lever feel.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Always been a Hope guy. I've had 4 sets on various bikes and they've been great. 4 Alps trips on them and never had an ounce of fade. but times have moved on and the Shimano Saints on my DH bike are amazing. (Bike has been sold) And the XT's I used on a test bike recently were AMAZING. A bit grabby but you soon get used to that and I like the incredibly light lever feel.

Just went for XT's over Magura for the next rig. Always ridden Shimano brakes except for the last bike that came with guides and I am quite happy to be going back to Shimano. I quite like how they respond as it allows me to set the lever to only bite at 15mm off the grip, which means the lever sits behind the middle knuckle of my index finger. This was the solution that solved arm pump for me when things got a little steeper. 

• 2 weeks later...

Had a look at a set of the Quadiems. Very chunky calipers and the lever looks similar to a shimano lever. Looks Good tho.

Would like to know how those slates perform

• 4 weeks later...

Wether Omnico actually brings in Marzocchi will remain to be seen.

I wonder if they will use the usual excuse of the market share is too small!!

However there are 29er forks also so maybe , just maybe

I wonder if they will use the usual excuse of the market share is too small!!

However there are 29er forks also so maybe , just maybe

The thing is, it's all about ratios. Of you need to invest 1 bar I to stock, and the return on that bar is way faster on marathon bikes than on the trail scene, then it makes sense to spend more money there rather to bring in another brand that needs marketing spend to build up a presence here.

If however the trail scene has registered a constant growth, and stock clears fast, then it might be worth putting some money into it.

Bringing in new brands are risky, there is marketing spend, support parts that clear slowly and training and other costs that needs to be considered.

I won't be surprised if we start seeing brands spec Marzocchi forks on the mid tier spec, it's excellent value.

I won't be surprised if we start seeing brands spec Marzocchi forks on the mid tier spec, it's excellent value.

Aren't they essentially the older OEM Fox 36 (think it was the performance one with the black stanchions) that are now available as a retail option now the 2019 36's with the Grip2 damper and additional adjustably have been released? 

The thing is, it's all about ratios. Of you need to invest 1 bar I to stock, and the return on that bar is way faster on marathon bikes than on the trail scene, then it makes sense to spend more money there rather to bring in another brand that needs marketing spend to build up a presence here.

If however the trail scene has registered a constant growth, and stock clears fast, then it might be worth putting some money into it.

Bringing in new brands are risky, there is marketing spend, support parts that clear slowly and training and other costs that needs to be considered.

Indeed it is, but I dont see why a channel cant be opened whereby you cant order it from LBS via supplier. Obviously there is a wait etc involved. It would be some form of market research as well.