LCHF - Low Carb High Fat Diet Ver 2

Well done. Did you notice the food at McKensie this year? Avos, olive oil, spinach salad, cold meats .... bacon and egg for breakfast .... perhaps the farmers are on the Banting bandwagon? :)

Also cream available at Jolivet breakfast :)

Lots of LCHF options at Sani this year! :clap:

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A quote from another forum on the same topic:

"My brother did Sani2C last week.

At 1 point he was in the medic tent and there was 14 guy's on drips.

A doctor at the tent ask all of them wich was on the Noaks diet.

12 out of 14...

What say the panel here?

I don't get it. Not sure that there is any connection to be drawn between LCHF and dehydration? What day was this? I was also in the medic tent on day 2 of the race. My partner dehydrated badly (not on LCHF). I asked the doctor about the amount of dehydration patients this year and he said it was much less than previous years. My partner was on a drip from about 15h00 to 18h00 and during that time he was the only oke being treated for dehydration.

I don't get it. Not sure that there is any connection to be drawn between LCHF and dehydration? What day was this? I was also in the medic tent on day 2 of the race. My partner dehydrated badly (not on LCHF). I asked the doctor about the amount of dehydration patients this year and he said it was much less than previous years. My partner was on a drip from about 15h00 to 18h00 and during that time he was the only oke being treated for dehydration.

Don't think its dehydration only but guys in medical facility for whatever reason

saline drips are almost solely for dehydration recovery though, surely?

I thought water was the best remedy for dehydration? When you clock into medical tent drip seems like the first thing that goes in.

Don't think its dehydration only but guys in medical facility for whatever reason

Excuse me if this is a stupid question, but for what other reason than dehydration would a doc at a race medical tent put you on a drip?

I thought water was the best remedy for dehydration? When you clock into medical tent drip seems like the first thing that goes in.

The time I was there, they treated lots of cuts, bruises and disengagements of joints but none had been put on a drip. Anyway the original post implied that there should be a connection between Noaks diet and being put on drip (for what ever reason). I just don't get it.

The term dehydration implies water loss, but isn't it more the electrolyte loss that needs to be addressed?

Excuse me if this is a stupid question, but for what other reason than dehydration would a doc at a race medical tent put you on a drip?

I don't know, maybe the original poster can answer.

I don't know, maybe the original poster can answer.

There was no implication from my side, merely cut and paste from another forum. Found it a rather bizarre comment, which is why I asked here.

I find I'm getting more thirsty and drinking more water on the LCHF diet. No big deal and not gallons of water but it is noticeable.

Weet een van julle dalk wat het toe met hierdie debat gebeur ? Indien dit reeds op die Hub is waar kan ek kyk ?

Tim Noakes, co-author of Real Meal Revolution, will be at the 2014 Franschhoek Literary Festival, which takes place from 16 to 18 May.

Noakes will be taking part in a debate about the low-carb/high-fat Banting diet with Lionel Opie, chaired by Dennis Davis, on Saturday 17 May at 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM in the New School Hall.

What would be a conservative weight loss estimation. Per week?

Ek sou sê tussen 500g en 700g

What would be a conservative weight loss estimation. Per week?

how long is a piece of string? :)

Seriously, it depends on MANY things, but the most important of these is are you referring to the start of a diet or after some time on it? Much of the weight loss in the initial week to 10 days is water loss as a result of the associated glycogen loss in the liver. You could get 1-4kgs in that first week alone, but then it should slow down.