Adverse analytical finding in recent mountain bike stage race

Tumbleweed

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I think sanity will prevail and the dude will get a 2 year ban and no fine (like most of the sanctioned pros recently). There is no prize money to pay back.

Hopefully some age grouper doper cheats are reading this thread thinking WOW that could be me.

If it pans out that way it's win-win in my book.

Got FA to do with lucky draws

TBH I think its hypocritical to complain about any professional athlete doping but then to expect yourself (not you directly but all of us average joes that complain about doping) to be treated differently.

Anyway as far as i know anti doping is not only about cheating but also protecting athletes from harmful substances and practices, where does that leave the average joe who takes steroids or equivalent?

Why would anyone who is not racing dope?

(The quip about the lucky draw was obviously a joke.)

An international race . Seven stages and a proloque and the only guy they catch for doping is a no hoper right at the back,that took the stuff for bodybuilding. And stood out like a sore thumb ?

I'm not buying it.

Are you allowed to smoke weed at Berg & Bush "Great Trek" ??

If you didn't, you be doing the local industry out of some cash, smoke away...

This thread will go on longer than that flippen Titanic movie. My angle: nearly all men will eventually have lowered testosterone levels (ask Dr Google if you have to) - women are allowed to take hormone replacement. Many/ several/ a lot of Docs are debating, and some advocating, steroid replacement for men. Do you suggest they stop cycling? Will you be happy if they are given a TUE? I will for one not apply for a TUE and also will not stop cycling. Surely all the guys that rub their hands in glee about the mind-numbing stupidness of a 26k (possible) fine are checking everything their Dr / Pharmacist/ Tjommie at the gym is giving them for headaches. Nobody actually thinks you are a pro except your girlfriend.... If you are really a pro you must check yourself. Pro license riders steal from others when doping, us backmarkers have a life outside of cycling and will hurt nobody by doping (by accident or otherwise). Do you suggest every rural soccer game or rugby game get drug control for flu meds and weed? Well if you are not top 100ish in the Argus/ 94.7/ Epic you are merely a club player and nobody should care about what you take.

Edited by TALUS

Why would anyone who is not racing dope?

(The quip about the lucky draw was obviously a joke.)

Bragging rights?

Add to that the fear of not being able to finish

Its human nature to cheat and find easier ways to achieve stuff, not everyone but gaurenteed there's always some who will do anything to achieve their goals.

Are you allowed to smoke weed at Berg & Bush "Great Trek" ??

Only us okes on the "Descent" you guys must stick with twak

Personally I think sanity will prevail and the dude will get a 2 year ban and no fine (like most of the sanctioned pros recently). There is no prize money to pay back.

Hopefully some age grouper doper cheats are reading this thread thinking WOW that could be me.

If it pans out that way it's win-win in my book.

you have a 50% chance of being right. The other side of it is that he is the perfect person to make an example of and his fine and 2 year ban will serve as a shining beacon for any club doper thinking of winning the next funride. Heck they may even have to return those lucky draw prizes plus a R26K fine plus the shame. aibo

Fining a pro means nothing. they make enough for the R26Kto be nothing more than an inconvenience. Fining a funrider sends a zero tolerance message that will ring in the ears of club, semi pro and pro riders everywhere.

Add to that the fear of not being able to finish

Its human nature to cheat and find easier ways to achieve stuff, not everyone but gaurenteed there's always some who will do anything to achieve their goals.

Come on Swiss. Surely we can get past the philosophy of cheating after Barry has taken the time to admit guilt and give us the background to what has happened. Hell he even left all of his real contact info on the letters he posted to this here thread. How many people here would be genuine enough to do that alone???? Can we then accept his admission as genuine too??

I also don't buy the sh1te some of you are attempting to sell about having to fork out 26K because some small print instructed you to do this, on a form you didn't even glance at properly, that professional cyclists have legal representation to guide them through the consequences of before they sign, ALL because you have traces of a PED for a totally different sport, that you last took roughly half a year ago, when your life focus was something completely different. I'm all for black and white, but here there is far too much grey! That any of you want to attempt to insinuate someone of Barry's shape or size could be serious about cheating via dope for cycling is probably the most intellectually challenging and laughable effort at making sense I have seen on the hub in a long time!!! Surely the circumstances have not escaped you?? Barry must be well over 100Kgs and the Epic must have been a survival experience of note, that no doubt would leave many on this forum reaching for PEDs if they had to attempt the same feat in Barry's frame, which is NOT built for endurance!!!!

Are there really that few people who see the common sense in all of this??

Barry, you clearly have balls the size of your guns, for opening up to this crowd! The UCI and CSA efforts will probably be a walk in the park by comparison! Understand why you would take the roids for bodybuilding, which is part of the culture there, but you gotta admit you must stand out like an easy target in the cycling fraternity dude. Best of luck. Please keep us updated so that those of us objective enough to see the wood for the trees here, can see how the process actually goes and hopefully understand this much opinionated and more misunderstood part of what makes up mostly professional cycling, which we would never hear about from real pros attempting to protect a career!