Adverse analytical finding in recent mountain bike stage race

Tumbleweed

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So what's the moral of the story? Do the back-of-packers now also need to get TUE's, even if they're nowhere near to being competitive?

I am a fat funrider, if I do races I start at the back and stop at all the waterpoints. I have never bothered to establish whether anything in my chronic medication is banned, or anything in any other medication I may take from time to time. Does that make me an evil doper?

Well according to the reasoning of some hubbers, you are denying some poor hard training sod his 789th place, So yes, you evil doper....

Mini hijack ...

So ... if the Dope Cops test me tomorrow at the Nissan Trailseeker Series #1 - Curro Hazeldean

It will be positive :eek:

And it will absolutely proof buggerol!

I'm just like most hubbers here ... weekend warrior who enjoys MTbing. Dont care about position, seeding, etc - just wanna have a nice social ride with good mates.

Taking prescribed meds ... enhance immune system/energy ... and yes, I know stuff in that meds is on the banned list ... and if I keep on taking them, it will probably kill me, and yes, it may make me 1 minute faster on the 70 ...

Who cares ...

I myself am confused as to how it was still in my system. As i said, i expected that if it did come back positive, it would be for the Testosterone Propionate i took around october, which was oil based and therefore the testosterone molecule is attached to an esther bond which would have stayed in my system longer.

Most of the steroids available are not from registered pharmaciutical companies like Pfizer or Lilly, they are produced on the black market by 'underground' labs. You assume responsibility for taking a chance on their safety and legitimacy.

I suspect that the Test Prop i thought i was taking, could in fact have had the presence of Stanolozol in it.

I can try get you a bottle if you'd like to conduct an analysis at the laboratory.

LOL not required, my keyboard (hubkeyboardwarriorremember) does not have Lab capability.

But if you do get a professional opinion in this regard as a result of what has happened please let us know

So what's the moral of the story? Do the back-of-packers now also need to get TUE's, even if they're nowhere near to being competitive?

I am a fat funrider, if I do races I start at the back and stop at all the waterpoints. I have never bothered to establish whether anything in my chronic medication is banned, or anything in any other medication I may take from time to time. Does that make me an evil doper?

Good point.

Fact is a sanctioned race has rules & regs to be considered and adhered to. If there's a possibility you are in contravention of these, my call would be to ensure you comply or not partake if you can't comply.

Not 'botthering' to establish if you are compliant could be costly.....Just ask Barry.

Should they change the rules to say "No doping for the fast racers". If you're a weekend warrior, it's all good!

Fact of the matter is that it is a RACE. If you're contending for podium or not. It is the organizers responsibility to ensure an even and fair playing field.

If you don't want to adhere to the rules(of not taking specific drugs), don't enter the event? Or face the consequences of breaking the rules.

How can people complain about the backenders being tested, it's not only the top 20 people that are racing.

Edited by r0adrunner

Big up for being honest. Yip we all made mistakes in life, at least your not trying to cover it up.

Question for all the ave joe riders/hubbers like me out there. Do you know if you have a banned substance in your system? Do you really know? I had flu 2 weeks ago, self medicated for a week, then went to the doc and got the usual botics and nasal spray. Who knows whats in them but dammit i am virtually better. The point being i did not go read the banned list. Be honest more than half the ave cyclist does not know what is banned and in the "Flu High Season" which is now i bet half of us would fail. Did we do wrong, legally yes but lets face it we not winning and would not even know if anything in the medicine even gave us extra vooma. Point being we can't really comment to the full without reading the banned list, their reasons, and how it can get into your system. I would like to think 80% of us just don't know and if we were taking banned stuff it was honest once off get better muti.

Note to self this weekend if i am suddenly in the top 10 at the race best i stop for a beer along the way :-)

I also had flu, and had to take some other meds due to a largish hole in my neck the doctors made - I pissed them off endlessly by asking them if any of the meds are on the WADA list. They now have a printed list in my file :) They also like the WADA website where you can actually check meds - I do not have aspirations of winning the trailseeker tomorrow, but coming from another competitive background (where I did damn well, but it was long ago) I refuse to 'dope' at all. There's other reasons than "It makes you faster" to doping controls - ask Dangle about Myprodol :)

I am just curious here but did your Epic partner know about this?

If not how does he feel about it?

i didnt know about it, as Barry mentioned I never asked him, i agree with the fact that it was not the right thing to do, and he will face the consequences.

but does this make me not wanna ride with him anymore?? NO.

and is this gonna stop him from riding his bike?? NO

and will it make you guys stop riding your bikes?? NO

so then i guess not much have changed other than a 20 Page discussion??

i didnt know about it, as Barry mentioned I never asked him, i agree with the fact that it was not the right thing to do, and he will face the consequences.

and procycling is still ****** while UCI/CSA go thru the motions and waste our money

How many people go to the gym for a bit of cross training for cycling..?

How many people know about pre workout supplements to boost energy and focus and increased bloodflow and vasodilation etc...?

How many people know that most of these supplements contain 1,3 Dimethylamylamine, which is banned, and what rugby players got caught with. It's in products like Jack3d and Muscle Marinade and Hellfire to name a few.

You can buy these products in the supplement section at dischem and use them, none the wiser, then enter the Trailseeker tomorrow, hell, with the stuff mixed in your bottle and get caught in K batch for doping.

Not saying that i unknowingly ingested the Winstrol, but a lot of people enter for fun and dont give a crap that their gym pre-workout is not legal for Trailseeker use.

At the Epic, at the Wellington overnight camp, there were okes hotboxing their tent with the fattest skyf, just after the finish when i got back from my shower and again when i got to my tent after dinner. Should i care that they finished ahead of us, with the presence of cannabis in their systems. Sure it's not exactly performance enhancing, but rules are rules, its a sanctioned race, and cannabis is banned. I just laughed when i smelled it, thought hey cool, every1's so chilled and just enjoying the event and riding their bikes through the cape. Thats the attitude most of us hackers at the back have.

Should i have run to the UCI like a little bitch and let them bring Dog the bounty hunter to the stoner's tent...?

Sounds like a few of you here may have...

Good man you are :thumbup:

But on a more serious note Barry doesn't "juice" make your tottie smaller?

Fabes,

Does your mum knows you think like this?!

Heehee

On Octavian's comments about "still having muscles like a horse" .... I have to chuckle because I recognise MTBaaisikilist from 3 towers last year..... and then I remembered what I thought when I saw him..... I said to myself that dude is gonna K@K up the hills..... :clap: I would be happy to race against anyone with his bulk regardless of how much steroids they take, because that bulk don't roll up hill so easy.

Anyways no insult meant to you Barry, just commenting on really stupid comment.