Your Enduro ride

Robodog

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lekker man!  Welcome to 2017 ;)

Exactly - now how does a bolt through rear axle work? Will I notice "Boost"? So much to learn...

Exactly - now how does a bolt through rear axle work? Will I notice "Boost"? So much to learn...

you will also have to learn which filter on Instagram best works with the new bike whilst taking trail side or "outside craft beer bar" pics.

Feckin' hell, that's hot. 

Pretty, pretty please, give feedback on those 2.6s!  :rolleyes:

I'm a ball hair away from buying a DT Swiss rim with an ID of 35mm and slapping on either a Butcher or Hillbilly in 2.6. Figure there should be enough space in my non-Boost Lyrik and Boost back-end. 

EDIT: What's the ID of those rims of yours? 29mm?

Edited by Odinson

Feckin' hell, that's hot. 

I'm a ball hair away from buying a DT Swiss rim with an ID of 35mm and slapping on either a Butcher or Hillbilly in 2.6. Figure there should be enough space in my non-Boost Lyrik and Boost back-end. 

EDIT: What's the ID of those rims of yours? 29mm?

That pic actually doesn't even do the glow that frame exudes justice. Colour cheers me up every time I look at it.

The rims are Roval ID 29mm. The 2.6s seem to fit the rims fine. I doubt you need 35mm rims. 

I did a slow 15km ride yesterday but did take in some rocks, damp roots and a mild drop. The Butchers are pumped a bit hard and traction was not as good as it could have been. I am going to experiment a bit with pressure. 

As for the rest of the bike - biggest improvement is rear shock/linkage. Lock out really works and bike grinds uphill very efficiently. Could feel the increased progression of rear linkage on the drop off which was far smoother than the old bike. 

I still need to give my collar bone a month or more before riding some proper steep trails though ...

Edited by Headshot

Butchers in 2.6 are actually not that wide. I was expecting a massive jump from 2.3, but it's very similar in overall feel to a 2.4 Maxxis WT. Clearance in my non-boost Pike is still more than enough, see below mounted to my Traverse SL (30mm ID) wheels.

Overall, definitely better. The extra volume gives welcome chatter absorption and so far (only did one ride on Sunday) I've been able to push them slightly harder when leaning.

post-3655-0-94934100-1510742483_thumb.jpg

Butchers in 2.6 are actually not that wide. I was expecting a massive jump from 2.3, but it's very similar in overall feel to a 2.4 Maxxis WT. Clearance in my non-boost Pike is still more than enough, see below mounted to my Traverse SL (30mm ID) wheels.

Overall, definitely better. The extra volume gives welcome chatter absorption and so far (only did one ride on Sunday) I've been able to push them slightly harder when leaning.

attachicon.gifButcherComparison.jpg

blocks seem to be a bit squarer than the maxxis... 

attachicon.gifButcherComparison.jpg

What pressure are you running front/back (whats your weight?)- did you drop it a bit with the bigger volume? So many questions, sorry :-)