Your Enduro ride

Robodog

What pressure are you running front/back (whats your weight?)- did you drop it a bit with the bigger volume? So many questions, sorry :-) 

Haha, I was expecting these questions!

I'm light (69kg), used to run 20/24psi front/back. Only mounted the 2.6 Grid on the front (used to be a 2.3 Control) and dropped it to 18psi.

At the back I kept my 2.3 Ground Control Grid, works well for me as an overall option. On longer rides a Purgatory/Butcher at the back rolls too slowly.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You chaps think that the 2.6 will be too wide for a 25mm ID rim? Still planning on updgrading my front rim, but will keep my back for the time being and maybe want to slap on a 2.6 Butcher there. 

Not really. If you look closely you'll see there are quite a few small edging details on all the knobs which aren't there on the 2.3s

No, sorry - badly worded. A squarer profile. IE side knobs are slightly more horizontal on the Butcher, by the looks of things... 

You chaps think that the 2.6 will be too wide for a 25mm ID rim? Still planning on updgrading my front rim, but will keep my back for the time being and maybe want to slap on a 2.6 Butcher there. 

Really can't say, but I have just fitted a Rock Razor 2.35 onto my wife's 19mm DT rims. Tyre looks great i.e not overly rounded. Waiting for a ride report from her later today.

Haha, I was expecting these questions!

I'm light (69kg), used to run 20/24psi front/back. Only mounted the 2.6 Grid on the front (used to be a 2.3 Control) and dropped it to 18psi.

At the back I kept my 2.3 Ground Control Grid, works well for me as an overall option. On longer rides a Purgatory/Butcher at the back rolls too slowly.

Thanks, Okay I am about 18kg heavier than you but am running pressures at the same I rode on my 26er. I think I can go quite a bit lower by the sound of it - maybe 22/25. Slightly worried about damaging the rims and/or rolling the tyre off in berms. 

I think the jump to 650b from 26 is quite big enough for me. 2.6 Butchers on there so its practically a plus bike :-)

Now you need to head off to Strava and change your name  :devil:

Thanks, Okay I am about 18kg heavier than you but am running pressures at the same I rode on my 26er. I think I can go quite a bit lower by the sound of it - maybe 22/25. Slightly worried about damaging the rims and/or rolling the tyre off in berms. 

FWIW I weigh 91 and ride my Minion DHF 2.3 and Ground Control Grid  with Foamo insert at 24 and 26 respectively.

FWIW I weigh 91 and ride my Minion DHF 2.3 and Ground Control Grid  with Foamo insert at 24 and 26 respectively.

Cue the knower of all things tire pressure related......

Rode *with Barnard the other night and he runs 2 Foamo's in the back and none in the front.

* With means I saw him at the start of the run and at the end.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Some pretty low pressures there. The Foamo letting you get away with it?

Cue the knower of all things tire pressure related......

Rode *with Barnard the other night and he runs 2 Foamo's in the back and none in the front.

* With means I saw him at the start of the run and at the end.

Huh?  What am I not getting?

Huh?  What am I not getting?

Gary. He rides with 2 foamo's. 2 in the back and none in the front. I'm not sure why.

Edited by Duane_Bosch