Your Enduro ride

Robodog

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So this arrived today - I won't lie the colour was a big draw to compliment my Warden build. Now sorted with Coil front and rear. I was going back and forth between this the MRP Ribbon coil but kept coming back to CC as love the rear CCDB Coil so the Helm should be a proper piece of gear and it's something a bit different.

Can't wait to get it fitted but still need to get a heavier spring which is gonna take a little while.

I'm moist. 

So this arrived today - I won't lie the colour was a big draw to compliment my Warden build. Now sorted with Coil front and rear. I was going back and forth between this the MRP Ribbon coil but kept coming back to CC as love the rear CCDB Coil so the Helm should be a proper piece of gear and it's something a bit different.

Can't wait to get it fitted but still need to get a heavier spring which is gonna take a little while.

Yeah, I like the silver colour, but only available on the coil.

Thanks! I actually had a Kage on there for a while. DEFINITELY a worthwhile change to the Reign. 

First ride on the CCDB is this PM. Throthing.

And reckon you’ll still notice a difference compared to the cage. Enjoy the ride this evening. We want a report back!

Yeah, I like the silver colour, but only available on the coil.

They’ve come out with some really interesting colourways on the forks. I think most colours age quickly so just for a season or fits a particular bike - Even the RS Lyrik in Red, at the end of the day you can’t beat black for being universally fitting with most other colours but it’s cool to have some veriety.

Damn boet that is hot.

That is absolutely beautiful, I love it wow.

And reckon you’ll still notice a difference compared to the cage. Enjoy the ride this evening. We want a report back!

2 words. Holy crapsticks. 

Equal parts more responsive, supportive and plush. Those stock settings are almost BANG on, but I just need to tweak the HSC a tad more. It's poppier than it was with the Monarch, and more plush than the Kage, and more supportive than both of them when pedalling. 

Colour me impressed. On a spring that's 30-50lb lighter than I should have, that's something to behold. 

Not gonna buy a heavier spring though, cos I'm losing weight. 

Equal parts more responsive, supportive and plush. Those stock settings are almost BANG on, but I just need to tweak the HSC a tad more. It's poppier than it was with the Monarch, and more plush than the Kage, and more supportive than both of them when pedalling.

Colour me impressed. On a spring that's 30-50lb lighter than I should have, that's something to behold.

Exactly how I felt, I'm still on the stock settings a couple rides in...it's damn near perfect! Not sure I'll change anything just yet might be a good idea to do a shuttle day and tinker a click or two but for now it's whipping the monarch up and down ????

Sic. Can you lock it out? And how much heavier than the RS? And did you keep the monarch?

Johno has a vivid air on his (my old one) and he's loving it.

Sic. Can you lock it out? And how much heavier than the RS? And did you keep the monarch?

Johno has a vivid air on his (my old one) and he's loving it.

Sold the monarch, still got the kage. Has a climb lever, so all good. Climb lever works well, considering the spring is too soft for me at my current mass, but not worried about that now. 

Not that much heavier. I'd like to get a VAULT spring from CC when I'm at the mass that requires a softer spring (when I get there) and that'll reduce the weight even more. Current 600lb spring is HEAVY! 

All told, I reckon about 750-800g so about 400g heavier than the M+. Maybe a bit more. 

Sold the monarch, still got the kage. Has a climb lever, so all good. Climb lever works well, considering the spring is too soft for me at my current mass, but not worried about that now. 

Not that much heavier. I'd like to get a VAULT spring from CC when I'm at the mass that requires a softer spring (when I get there) and that'll reduce the weight even more. Current 600lb spring is HEAVY! 

All told, I reckon about 750-800g so about 400g heavier than the M+. Maybe a bit more. 

People put too much emphasis on weight IMO, unless you are a front runner I feel the extra weight in the right places is better.

Shaving 200gr off of a tyre and then having to ride super careful to avoid tears and pinches. I would rather have an extra kilo and be able to just bulldoze over anything, on any line.

Just my 2cents.

Awesome man. Glad it was a great first outing. I must say the base settings are always pretty spot on with CC stuff, just a notch or two on compression and or rebound to your taste otherwise solid starting point. Correct spring rate is def important though and springs are not too expensive so don’t wait too long to get down to goal weight. I did the same thing, lost and put it back on again so now I have one for fat me and another for fatter me.