Base layer

Newboy

What base layers do you use and recommend? I start riding between 4 and 5 in the morning in Johannesburg. It is starting to get quite chilly lately.

First Ascent polypropolene long sleeves. I've used them for about 2 years and they work very well, are comfortable and hard wearing.

Compression t's from Mr Price Sport - same as Cambridge t's worn be our rugby guys, at R139 ea - use them here in the KZN Midlands

Anatomic has very nice base layers , R375 I think.

Think this is what I've bought for when the winter really starts biting. Really, really windproof vest kinda thing.

Endura Merino wool from CRC.

I also believe in wool. Anybody ever tried DeFeet UnDWool?

Sixs clothing. Thought it was gimmick till I tried it. Really good at keeping those windchills at bay despite you being soaked in sweat. Cover most of my needs, but additional outer layers of course provide additional protection against the elements. But when it comes to base, I swear by sixs.

Sixs clothing. Thought it was gimmick till I tried it. Really good at keeping those windchills at bay despite you being soaked in sweat. Cover most of my needs, but additional outer layers of course provide additional protection against the elements. But when it comes to base, I swear by sixs.

Thanks, who stocks it in northern JHB?

It is time to get the kit and eliminate all the excuses.

Thanks, who stocks it in northern JHB?

It is time to get the kit and eliminate all the excuses.

liaise with ASG on thehub. They are the distributors, and will point out retailers local to your region, or check out their website.

First hear what others have to say about their experiences. Mine's been limited to Sixs, but only because I had no reason to keep looking for another. there might be better offerings in terms of price and/or performance, so lets hear from those hubbers!

Also got myself Endura from CRC. Only got it yesterday so will know over the weekend. Fitted last night and felt awesome.