The k.k reputation of MTB's on the Spruit.

Brand

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

already done :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

so after your intense training session yesterday..askari this weekend..

So whats the story with runners who use the side of the road against traffic flow and expect cyclists to swerve and avoid them so they can stay on the smooth black stuff rather than risk a shoe blow out on the verge. I hold my line if necessary - not willing to risk a car hitting me from behind. OP, what you think the rule should be on the road?

I disagree that pedestrians cannot change direction quickly - far easier for a runner to duck out of the way at the last minute than a biker. The MTB guy probably thought you would yield because thats what most sane people do, depending on the situation of course. In my book, the runner should generally yield to the heavier faster moving bike as its far easier for a runner to do so. Simple.

Runners in the road especially against the traffic must fark off, the road is not made for pedestrian's, never will be - they got their spot on the pavement/park/certain trails etc they get my respect there but they do not deserve it if they choose to run in the road. The least they can do is yield because they are willfully endangering everyone else's lives

If I could hold my line into an on coming jogger going the wrong way on a main road and not damage my bike or myself I would, just to teach him a lesson about what right of way actually means. But unfortunately reality dictates that you respect the fact there are lots of otherwise people in the world and one of life's core wisdoms is learning to step clearly and quickly our of their pathway. Ain't got time for fools and that includes tussling with them which is the only option if you decide to hold your line no matter what....

The runners going against the traffic always expect you on your bike to yield, I thought it must be otherwise the first few times and almost had horrible collisions, the mind boggles but now I take early evasive action rather than find myself falling into the path of a car so I can avoid hitting a runner running towards me in my lane on a main rd.... Wtf

Runners in the road especially against the traffic must fark off, the road is not made for pedestrian's, never will be - they got their spot on the pavement/park/certain trails etc they get my respect there but they do not deserve it if they choose to run in the road. The least they can do is yield because they are willfully endangering everyone else's lives

If I could hold my line into an on coming jogger going the wrong way on a main road and not damage my bike or myself I would, just to teach him a lesson about what right of way actually means. But unfortunately reality dictates that you respect the fact there are lots of otherwise people in the world and one of life's core wisdoms is learning to step clearly and quickly our of their pathway. Ain't got time for fools and that includes tussling with them which is the only option if you decide to hold your line no matter what....

The runners going against the traffic always expect you on your bike to yield, I thought it must be otherwise the first few times and almost had horrible collisions, the mind boggles but now I take early evasive action rather than find myself falling into the path of a car so I can avoid hitting a runner running towards me in my lane on a main rd.... Wtf

As a runner myself I dare anybody on a bicycle, irrespective of how aggressive and self-righteous they feel, to try and take me out when I am running. I'll be totally unharmed, and you will be a crumpled mess a few meters away from your bicycle.

That said, Sometimes the risk stepping off the 'sacred black top' is just too high, and the black top MUST be shared.

Luckily I do not run on main roads. I prefer running in suburbia with lots of hills and leafy streets (Roads ignored by cyclists as there are no long open sections!).

This thread has been awesome.

Now I know some true colours ;)

Edited by Smolly

What a chop you are OP. Rather than avoid conflict, you create it. Next guy who whips your sorry aggressive confrontational ass will be doing you a favor. And go for some anger management counseling and btw stop besmirching other MTBers with your lousy attitude.

You sir, do not belong to this tribe.

You and the OP must get together - will make a nice couple...

Both of you were idiots, for not preventing a collision. First question a court will ask you is, what did you do to prevent the accident. Same will apply on the road with a car! Its called defensive driving for a reason.

Handbags at dawn!

The Spruit is serious business. Its a free for all and an awesome place to ride. While people have this sense of entitlement is truly beyond me.

Respect each other and most important of all, respect the trail.

Both of you were idiots, for not preventing a collision. First question a court will ask you is, what did you do to prevent the accident. Same will apply on the road with a car! Its called defensive driving for a reason.

If you dissect what the OP wrote and what I witnessed of the event as I was following right behind the rider.

Both were on the same tyre track of the jeep track, I guess about 2 feet wide, heading towards one another, the OP jogging and the guy riding.

The OP states that he stood his ground, but did not have a head on else would have said the front wheel hit him in his knees or worse his nuts. He also did not get clipped by the handlebars as the rider passed him. He stated that he shouldered him as he passed.

So the rider moved to the left of the wheel track against the edge of the rut as I witnessed and tried to go around the OP, he was riding slowly enough that once alongside the OP, the OP gave him a shoulder to knock him off his bike.

The rider did all to avoid him, the OP not only held his ground but actually moved towards the rider to shoulder him off, as stated earlier both the front wheel and handlebars passed the stationary OP without clipping him, even if it was a close shave in passing and if the OP had just continued to stand still then the rider would have passed without incident.

There was only one idiot and that is the OP, who openly admits to his frustration and decided to take it out on this rider rather than step to his left and ensure there was enough space for them to both pass one another.

Handbags at dawn!

The Spruit is serious business. Its a free for all and an awesome place to ride. While people have this sense of entitlement is truly beyond me.

Respect each other and most important of all, respect the trail.

Also don't get it. On sunday I moved out of the way for some jogging' or 'yogging' people, it might be a soft 'J', I'm not sure. But apparently you just run for an extended period of time." Any way I got sucked crank deep into some mud, said thanks, and shared a lag and went on our way. The spruit is AWESOME!! Keep it that way! Damit. Edited by Pieter1

Guest Kalahari ou
A good game of Ching Chong Cha will settle any path dispute.
hahaha... I can just imagin riding past a sweating jogger and a meanass MTBer playing ching chong cha on the side of the road!!!!

If you dissect what the OP wrote and what I witnessed of the event as I was following right behind the rider.

Both were on the same tyre track of the jeep track, I guess about 2 feet wide, heading towards one another, the OP jogging and the guy riding.

The OP states that he stood his ground, but did not have a head on else would have said the front wheel hit him in his knees or worse his nuts. He also did not get clipped by the handlebars as the rider passed him. He stated that he shouldered him as he passed.

So the rider moved to the left of the wheel track against the edge of the rut as I witnessed and tried to go around the OP, he was riding slowly enough that once alongside the OP, the OP gave him a shoulder to knock him off his bike.

The rider did all to avoid him, the OP not only held his ground but actually moved towards the rider to shoulder him off, as stated earlier both the front wheel and handlebars passed the stationary OP without clipping him, even if it was a close shave in passing and if the OP had just continued to stand still then the rider would have passed without incident.

There was only one idiot and that is the OP, who openly admits to his frustration and decided to take it out on this rider rather than step to his left and ensure there was enough space for them to both pass one another.

What you are saying is the OP went out of his way to attack a cyclist and pushed him off his bike?

Come on guys. MTB riders were never like this. What is going on? Too many golfers on bikes again?

On the road I will always make space for runners. Those guys always look like they are hurting like hell. Who ever is in the most pain gets the most respect in my book. Also our pavements are a mess. Go for a run some time and check it out.

PEANUT BUTTER LETS RATHER MEET ON THE SPRUIT. SOUNDS LIKE WE WON'T BE THE ONLY OKES BOXING