What TV shows are you watching?

FrankG

Any of you watch Midnight sun..really good series..worth having to read some subtitles

i have 

ep 1 here somewhere. haven't gotten into it yet, but ta for the reminder. i like me some euroland productions. 

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have

ep 1 here somewhere. haven't gotten into it yet, but ta for the reminder. i like me some euroland productions.

Ja it is a series where you have to pay attention while watching he he..

Refreshing watching a show where I can't predict the plot.[emoji106]

I actually started watching it. Its not to bad.

Great cast, playing some crazy, rich, bored messed up people. I like the odd obscure camera angle and those Monterey views are breathtaking. The soundtrack is also magic. The title track, I like and two episodes ago we had Fleetwood Mac and Neil Young.

Just completed the Six series. Like I've said before, I'm not really into war movies or series, but I'd run out of things to watch, it had decent ratings and of course I'm a Walton Goggins fan.

Have to admit, not too bad. Good story, interesting characters and impressive action scenes. I saw that a few people on IMDB are furious because "how dare they portray the Navy Seals as less than perfect! They are flawless warriors!"

To me, that was what made the series appealing. Showing the strain they are put under when going into the field and then coming home and trying to live a normal life shows they are human and makes me admire them more. Not quite Band of Brothers, perhaps, but if you are a Band of Brothers fan I am sure you will find something about the series to like. 8/10

So glad Into the Badlands is back. After Iron Fist, it's great to watch a series where such care and attention is paid to the fighting choreography. And make no mistake: Into the Badlands has the best fighting scenes of any show currently on television.

http://cdn.renewcanceltv.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/intobadlandsseason2-700x400.jpg

I finished Season 1 last night - Quite enjoyed that.

Waiting to stack up a few episodes of S02 before I start watching again.

Just completed the Six series. Like I've said before, I'm not really into war movies or series, but I'd run out of things to watch, it had decent ratings and of course I'm a Walton Goggins fan.

Have to admit, not too bad. Good story, interesting characters and impressive action scenes. I saw that a few people on IMDB are furious because "how dare they portray the Navy Seals as less than perfect! They are flawless warriors!"

To me, that was what made the series appealing. Showing the strain they are put under when going into the field and then coming home and trying to live a normal life shows they are human and makes me admire them more. Not quite Band of Brothers, perhaps, but if you are a Band of Brothers fan I am sure you will find something about the series to like. 8/10

I loved Six.

Anybody who thinks they're flawless is delusional - I've read pretty much every available biography/autobiography about SEALS/Delta/SAS/Recces/etc, very few of them saw it as a calling, the vast majority were screwups who landed up in the military to get away from *** they had caused.

13 Reasons Why.

First ep hooked me enough to see where this goes.

Finished it last night. Solid viewing.

Quite intense. Perhaps a fair bit of melodrama to the whole plot, but still steeped in the harsh reality of teenage suicides.

Walking Dead was a bit of a let down with its Season Finale. Thought it would be more intense and more fighting.

I finished Season 1 last night - Quite enjoyed that.

Waiting to stack up a few episodes of S02 before I start watching again.

going to have to have a look at that!

Partially filmed in SA - basically some of the "studio" footage, whereas ocean-going footage and other scenery was shot in the Caribbean.

That "studio footage" was pretty impressive.

​They had entire sets built out on the N2 towards Somerset West, the town, a few of the Ships, etc.

Looks impressive seeing a fully rigged wooden ship while heading home on the N2.