What TV shows are you watching?

FrankG

Started watching this and it's FANTASTIC. Beautiful art with one of the most stunning opening sequences I've ever seen and a deep, thoughtful narrative that really delves into various aspects of society and development, while still keeping it light and entertaining. A must-watch in my opinion.

bf36192bc451a5da3cb19a49148dc26a--blu-ra

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone watched "doomsday preppers"? Jeez some people are not lekker in the head. Was flipping channels 2 nights ago and came across this on nat geo(I think?). Americans prepping for when america collapses. The one dude sommer makes his own bullet proof vest and gets his cousin to shoot him. It flipping worked. Then his wife is pregnant and he decides he will do a c-section himself. It's a really stupid program but funny to watch how delusional some of these people are.

Edited by Long Wheel Base

Has anyone watched "doomsday preppers"? Jeez some people are not lekker in the head. Was flipping channels 2 nights ago and came across this on nat geo(I think?). Americans prepping for when america collapses. The one dude sommer makes his own bullet proof vest and gets his cousin to shoot him. It flipping worked. Then his wife is pregnant and he decides he will do a c-section himself. It's a really stupid program but funny to watch how delusional some of these people are.

Everybody needs a hobby..

for some that hobby is getting ready for when the zombies attack..

WTF.

You should have seen his operating room. In their barn, He built a cubicle thing out of plastic and threw a home made alcohol mix all over to sterilize it. Says he watched plenty videos online. They didn't show it so I don't think he actually went through with it TBH. LOL he was going to use his pocket knife to cut her open, drew a line on her stomach(which was way too high IMHO as my wife had a c section so I know where they cut). These people are whacked I tell you.

You should have seen his operating room. In their barn, He built a cubicle thing out of plastic and threw a home made alcohol mix all over to sterilize it. Says he watched plenty videos online. They didn't show it so I don't think he actually went through with it TBH. LOL he was going to use his pocket knife to cut her open, drew a line on her stomach(which was way too high IMHO as my wife had a c section so I know where they cut). These people are whacked I tell you.

Natural selection I tell you. 

I have watched a fair amount of "prepping" shows. Majority of the people are nuts, however I do believe some of them have a point. Especially considering the current events in SA.

I have just always wondered, if all civilization came to an end over night, how long would it take us to notice. As is we only have water when it rains enough, power is intermittent, we had a butter shortage the other day, and our houses are built to keep the raiding hordes out...

I wonder if the TV production company are bound in any way to intervene in something like this that will probably result in loss of life?

I imagine it's not quite the same as when National Geographic doesn't step in with wild animals.

I wonder if the TV production company are bound in any way to intervene in something like this that will probably result in loss of life?

I imagine it's not quite the same as when National Geographic doesn't step in with wild animals.

Well just about every one of these okes builds some sort of bullet proof window/door/vest and they all stand behind the thing to test it. They get family members to fire at them. This program happens to be on nat geo. I must confess, We watched another episode last night. 

Well just about every one of these okes builds some sort of bullet proof window/door/vest and they all stand behind the thing to test it. They get family members to fire at them. This program happens to be on nat geo. I must confess, We watched another episode last night. 

I suppose those are consenting adults and probably sign a release of some sort, but I was wondering about delivering the baby.

I suppose those are consenting adults and probably sign a release of some sort, but I was wondering about delivering the baby.

Yeah I would also like to know. But in all likelyhood he never did. So these people build these homes in case of a collapse of the US and as we know it hasn't happened(and probably never will) so unless they decide to start using all their creations before the collapse happens I presume they carry on living like normal. It's also not a mini series type show where they continue following the same people. Seems like it's different people each episode.

EDIT: http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/doomsday-preppers/

Edited by Long Wheel Base

Yeah I would also like to know. But in all likelyhood he never did. So these people build these homes in case of a collapse of the US and as we know it hasn't happened(and probably never will) so unless they decide to start using all their creations before the collapse happens I presume they carry on living like normal. It's also not a mini series type show where they continue following the same people. Seems like it's different people each episode.

I'll have to see if this show is on Netflix, I'm curious about these crazies now...

Biliions  :ph34r:  S02 

What seriously???

No nevermind I thought a new season, bleak!

Edited by bertusras