CWC: Have they lost their touch?

wilvegza

Since CWC moved to their new shop I supported them. It was always nice to go and browse as they had quite a large selection of bikes and parts. I also used their On-line facility a couple of times as it is convenient.

However I have reached the end of the line.

Let me explain.

On the 29th of May I ordered Easton 26" EA90 XC Wheelset 6 Bolt 9mm QR which was on special. When I enquired two days later about when the order will be delivered I was told that they do not have any wheels in stock (yet one cannot place an order if there is no stock) but that the agent will send them new stock. The stock arrived the 31st and I was informed that the front wheel was not 9mm QR but 15mm. They will return it to the agent and have it converted. This was on the 31st of May. When I did not get any feedback on my email requests I called again on the 6th of June. Wayne told me the wheels are not back from the agents and I will have to wait. I was not happy. It was one week later and no wheels or even an idea of when I will receive them. I asked him to cancel my order. He called me back a few minutes later to inform me the wheels are back. I went to CWC on Friday to collect the wheels. When they gave me the wheels, they were 29" wheels. I told them this is not what I ordered. They then hauled out another set of wheels, but this time without the quick release units. The box went back and another box came out, this time with EU70 XC, but no quick release. I was busy loosing my cool.

Chris junior then intervened and promised to have the wheels exchanged by the agents and delivered to me. On the 12th I received a message from Chris that the wheels are back.

I went to CWC again the Friday to pick them up. When we opened the box, the back wheel was a 2nd hand wheel and although they are both 9mm QR there were no QR units in the box. They were also EA70 XC's.

I really had enough at that stage. Chris senior then promised me he will deliver the wheels to my house that evening. If they did not get the wheels from the agents or if they had a problem to deliver it to me I do not know, I received no message or call. I waited until just before 21h00 before canceling the order and ask for a refund.

There are three things I learned from this:

I will never buy Easton wheels as the agents are completely disorganized (my friend sent in a set of EA70 road wheels for freewheel body replacement and received EA70 mtb wheels back!)

Good prices do not guarantee good service

Lastly, bigger does not mean better. Is this where CWC is heading?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sheesh, what is the world coming to ?

not a defence of CWC, but a general comment.

One deal goes not correct, and the entire shop is a failure ? Is this the same of all other dealings ? Oh the bank made a mistake... so the bank is heading for disaster? My bike shop mechanic made a mistake, oh dear, that bike shop is going to close soon.

Whilst, there is a right to complain about dealings going pair shape, this attitude of calling the entire shop/brand into disrepute is nonsense and childish.

Everyone makes mistakes....its how its rectified that counts

CWC sent me slx rotors in my XT groupo that I ordered a month ago....Wayne handled it very professionally, thus I will continue dropping some cash there.

Is it possible to change the pineapple on the pizza with pear?

I don't like you much right now! just blown a mix of my morning tea and a toasted cheese and tomato mix across the desk, keyboard and screen

Everyone makes mistakes....its how its rectified that counts

CWC sent me slx rotors in my XT groupo that I ordered a month ago....Wayne handled it very professionally, thus I will continue dropping some cash there.

think that is what the OP is trying to say - the mistake has not yet been properly rectified after a few attempts. Will be interesting to hear the other side of the story though - always 3 sides to a story.

They're not superhuman.

But hopefully, I'd expect errors to be handled gracefully and with great effectiveness.

I don't like you much right now! just blown a mix of my morning tea and a toasted cheese and tomato mix across the desk, keyboard and screen

Your own fault for putting tomato on a perfectly good toasted cheese sarmie!

think that is what the OP is trying to say - the mistake has not yet been properly rectified after a few attempts. Will be interesting to hear the other side of the story though - always 3 sides to a story.

true, my experience is just different. Also I don't rate quick delivery as part of their service, that UTI's good service, but that is just me.

Seems like the agents are the one's letting you down and CWC has tried to rectify things even giving you a refund on a sale item.

My last 2 orders from them have been completely messed up. They put the item on special as I asked for it. I ordered and paid for it. Then they tell me it is not in stock. To add insult it takes them nearly 6 days to refund me. I agree they will never see another cent of my money.

This is not a Rant or Rave. I ordered the Easton EA70 XC wheelset from CWC. Discovered that the front wheel uses Tru Axle. I needed QR to match my fork. CWC said I could return wheels. Howerver , Hubbers informed me that an adapter is available. I informed CWC accordingly. The said adapter was delivered in good time. HOWEVER the adaptor did not include the QR scewer. Im I unfair to have expected this ?