Will you buy a second hand bike ?

eddy

Some of these fakes are so close to the original. You cannot expect everybody to know every finer detail.

ok maybe i was being a bit harsh...i am not up to speed with the chinarello's so I dont know how good or bad they are...but eish..that tough

me...I have bought a 2nd hand complete bike off the hub before...its still going strong

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel for the guy that bought that Chinarello fake.

As for the old bikes as new, that Bergy oke needs to start catching a wake-up or grab a packet of ethics.

Theres a lot of Bergy type drols on the hub lately

That ad makes me not trust second hand bikes.

I dont know enough about spoke patterns etc, so i dont trust my ability to spot a fake etc.

So for me, i rather buy new.

As for the guy that got conned...thats hectic, 43k is a crapload of money, hope he comes right.

Theres a lot of Bergy type drols on the hub lately

I wonder how the hell a guy like that gets away with it for so long.

People can post way to easy in advertising on here.

On the audio forums you cant join the classifieds unless you have 150 posts.

I dont know enough about spoke patterns etc, so i dont trust my ability to spot a fake etc.

As for the guy that got conned...thats hectic, 43k is a crapload of money, hope he comes right.

Speaking your words of wisdom again!

there are as always 2 ways of looking i collect watches, and i "think" i know my ****, went to SA biggest ROLEX,BREITLING second hand broker who is considered SA BEST(no i am not going to name and shame), he sold me a breitling i been waiting for for a looong time,papers, boxes, he was happy i was happier,,long story short took it to ARTHUr KAPLAN turns out it is a exception fake, lots of the parts are are original, so i am not saying i know everything about watches, but SOME FAKES ARE NOT ALL CREATED EQUAL

ok maybe i was being a bit harsh...i am not up to speed with the chinarello's so I dont know how good or bad they are...but eish..that tough

me...I have bought a 2nd hand complete bike off the hub before...its still going strong

But that's what upsets me about guys bringing the Chinnerellos in and branding them with S-works or Pinerrello or whatever. Just leave it blank

I have bought quite a bit of stuff on the hub, but never a full bike. I have a few rules.

Never trust second hand carbon, it can be patched and repainted, but you never know if the rest of the frame or part has been compromised.

Only deal face to face, that means only CT sellers interest me

Walk away as soon as the seller starts to move the goal posts.

If in doubt take someone more knowledgeable to check out the goods.

But that's what upsets me about guys bringing the Chinnerellos in and branding them with S-works or Pinerrello or whatever. Just leave it blank

Well said!

considering how little I know, I would have better piece of mind buying from a store, not saying the store won't screw me over but at least I'll have better recourse I think.

Wish I could say that. Luckily all my bikes are original that I bought of here.

In the future if I buy an expensive bike off the Hub, I will make damn sure that it is an original and the seller must provide me with invoice and will confirm the serial number with local agents.

I wonder how the hell a guy like that gets away with it for so long.

People can post way to easy in advertising on here.

On the audio forums you cant join the classifieds unless you have 150 posts.

Thats the way it should be, at least you have some kind of reputation by then and people can tell if you are a Drol or not

Well said!

Is it much worse than edge designs or black spade or other such companies branding Chinese blanks and selling them as brand bikes? Not everyone knows the origin of these frames.