TBMTBC what you are not allowed to talk about on FB group

Guest Smimby

just for those non-club members reading this thread and thinking "jeez i'm glad i'm not part of that club. it sounds like one big clusterfuk."

all the guys i ride with are very happy with the trails and what has been done for mountain biking in the area. the trails have something for all skill levels and are in good condition year round.

as to the behind the scenes, kindergarden, name calling, farcebook crap - can't comment, not interested.

I am not a member but have only heard good things about the club

Just remember the few ranters and ravers on here represent a very small part of the cycling world out there

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wont last./..broikie within a few weeks

and just how are you gpoing to break that lekka thick blue water pipe that the muncipality uses??? what sort of bike do you ride??

Andrag will have such thick walled pipe....

ALSO go to IMBA website and look for the recommended best practice in this regard....Google is your friend!!

just for those non-club members reading this thread and thinking "jeez i'm glad i'm not part of that club. it sounds like one big clusterfuk."

all the guys i ride with are very happy with the trails and what has been done for mountain biking in the area. the trails have something for all skill levels and are in good condition year round.

as to the behind the scenes, kindergarden, name calling, farcebook crap - can't comment, not interested.

you will always have that type of thing when 100's (~2000 in this case) of total strangers converge to form a club / society / Hub etc. etc.

and just how are you gpoing to break that lekka thick blue water pipe that the muncipality uses??? what sort of bike do you ride??

Andrag will have such thick walled pipe....

ALSO go to IMBA website and look for the recommended best practice in this regard....Google is your friend!!

That lekka thick blue water pipe is first of all not UV resistant

Secondly its covered with gravel according to the sketch which will disappear rather rapidly with all you keen riders hitting it to get some air and then its support base will erode and the pipe will be exposed and the next thing its no more across the track but lying in the ditch on the side....

etc

etc

etc

Give me a break....another rocket scientist

Secondly its covered with gravel according to the sketch which will disappear rather rapidly with all you keen riders hitting it to get some air and then its support base will erode and the pipe will be exposed and the next thing its no more across the track but lying in the ditch on the side....

etc

etc

etc

Krans ... you an Engineer ... not being funny here, just that you picked up on the finer details.

yes, that comment was just piss poor!! Now i don't like YOU schwinn-lover!!! and I don't even know you...

keep personal agendas/comments off the FB page and off this here discussion.

Don't recall ever asking you to like me buddy?

I am not a member but have only heard good things about the club

Just remember the few ranters and ravers on here represent a very small part of the cycling world out there

I obviously don't speak for the dissidents here, but I think the vast majority of members are pretty happy with how the club is run (yes they do have some things that they can improve on, especially communication it seems)

Saddens me to see how flippantly the clubs name is dragged through the mud on a public forum because of (in my opinion at least) minor issues.

Play the ball, not the player, Schwinn Lover.

True words 'Dale but sometimes frustration gets the better of me, I too am not perfect.

True words 'Dale but sometimes frustration gets the better of me, I too am not perfect.

:thumbup:

That's why I've also mentioned the Polyprop pipe and decent wall thickness... Believe me the PP or PVDF pipe will NOT break or be damaged by any chemicals. If our councils find it bullet proof there has got to be some merit in it :mellow: One can always mix some CarbonCor(Mines and quarries use it for their roads at integral spots) into the dirt covering the pipes to prevent dirt from moving and this will also not harm the environment.

Nou't ek my sê gesê en gaan nou uit hierdie modderbad klim en my fiets gaan haal na haar diens! :clap:

etc

etc

etc

Krans ... you an Engineer ... not being funny here, just that you picked up on the finer details.

:ph34r: :ph34r:

In a life long ago ....now they work for me

Actually its common sense......the water bars across ou wa pad and silvermine work fine

Nothing wrong with the pipe idea just use concrete instead of gravel ...and use HDPE instead of PVC

While on the subject, I am looking for some keen and GOOD builders in the Cape(Southern Suburbs) to price builders works in a tender document I am pricing PM me.

Guest Smimby

We are not saying that the trails are in bad condition, we are suggesting and would like to "make it better"

We mainly refer to MD as a place where we can improve a bit....

NOT a saying the club is falling apart, we just need to address the FB deletions and communication.....

I love our trails, Kliprug with its new "upgrades" is fantastic....for the more skilled person...Hoogekraal, well need I say more?

MD Dorsberg.....whoooohaaaaa......

I love the Burry Stander section, but have seen some very worried people there laying in the mud next to the trail and I would to have that looked at....

Since the FB page is so closely controlled, I feel that ideas go missing.....see Kranswurm earlier ideas....fantastic... ideas that does not get deleted.

The more minds get involed the better......sometimes in order to get the solution you need to hear the problem....and

I HONESTLY hope that this thread can be used to get SOLUTIONS to the minor problems......

ie

What will ease the frustrations on the FB page, how can we improve communication....etc

The reason is thread was created is not to bash the club, but to discuss the problems without ideas / post being deleted so we can SOLUTIONS

The pipe idea has allready been discussed well, with people giving very good ideas.

I am happy to say that if they want to trial a pipe idea, I will inspect all pipes in that section and clean etc for duration of the trial. Maybe we try a platic pipe, metal pipe, and wood plank to see what works best....I am NOT expecting the club to do it all

Like Dizzy said, we will go there and put down some labour so one can see what works and what does not and without extra burdunn on the trail maintenance crew who IS VERY busy this time of the year.

Edited by Smimby

Don't recall ever asking you to like me buddy?

Don't recall anyone asking you to like them either buddy

You have made a lot of remarks but don't seem to like it if anyone else comments on anything that is not in your line of thinking.

1. I don't think it is unreasonable for someone to query a piece of trail and make suggestions where safety is a concern...

2. is it being suggested the FB admin can't cope or is overworked to the point of being brash?

3. @Smimby, do you know for a fact that there are others who feel the same? Given that this number could be as small as 5%, means 95% of the members are satisfied. Why then such a delay to take care of such a small group?

4. If everybody agreed, what would drive progress?