Have I been ripped off???

JCG1

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

agree with Peregrinate and all the rest, if rotors were included you would have had to specify size etc, or you would have been given the option of specifying rotor size when ordering. Also why dont you just contact them and ask them before running straight here and throwing all your toys out of the cot for two little rotors. why all the aggression these days here on thehub, you guys need to get on the bike and get rid of it there!

Edited by avatar

agree with Peregrinate and all the rest, if rotors were included you would have had to specify size etc, or you would have been given the option of specifying rotor size when ordering. Also why dont you just contact them and ask them before running straight here and throwing all your toys out of the cot for two little rotors. why all the aggression these days here on thehub, you guys need to get on the bike and get rid of it there!

Because it's Friday!!!

I picked up a set of Formula R1's not too long ago for a friend, the only contents of the box were the brake set as above. And those are R4k brakes. So were you ripped off, no. Were your expectations met, no. Did you ask enough questions before ordering, no.

Not only the picture but the product description says rotors.

Some brake sets come with rotors some dont.

But these clearly do.

Send a PM to Naas he seems like a solid guy. Maybe it was a packaging error.

Hi Guys

This issue was adressed yesterday already and I will post the EXACT sequence of events, but as most of you if not eveeryone know - NO ROTORS are included in brakesets except of they are particularly packaged that way.

OP only phioned afterwards not before. It was also explained to him and the description clearly does not mention ROTORS as well as adapters etc.

Sufficient to say that when he was unhappy we offered a full refund (no handling charge) and he is more than wëlcome to shop somewhere else.

Below Janos's mail to him. You guys can determine if he was "ripped off". Oh yes - also ask him what he paid for said brakeset...

Hope this clarifies the issue.

"

Hi Johan,

I understand that in the picture it show’s a rotor as well. This is purely for illustrative purposes. When you phoned us you asked if it is only for one side or both. I then informed you that it is for a set. (meaning for front and back) If you scroll down to the bottom in the description it states the Rotor sizes that can be ridden with these brakes. If you look at any of our other disc brake sets for sale you will also see that no disc brake sets are sold with rotors unless it states “rotors included”. Rotor selection is a very personal thing most of the time and customers normally prefer to use a specific rotor that they like or are used to riding example...ashima, shimano, hope.

We will not be sending you rotors for the disc brake set as no where it states that rotors need to be included in the brake set. We will however be prepared to supply you with rotors at cost price as discussed earlier today telephonically or you are more than welcome to return the brake set to us for a full refund.

Please let us know how you would like to proceed.

Kind regards,

Janos

If OP is unhappy then he has been offered a full refund and should take it. Am surprised he has not!

Hi Guys

This issue was adressed yesterday already and I will post the EXACT sequence of events, but as most of you if not eveeryone know - NO ROTORS are included in brakesets except of they are particularly packaged that way.

OP only phioned afterwards not before. It was also explained to him and the description clearly does not mention ROTORS as well as adapters etc.

Sufficient to say that when he was unhappy we offered a full refund (no handling charge) and he is more than wëlcome to shop somewhere else.

Below Janos's mail to him. You guys can determine if he was "ripped off". Oh yes - also ask him what he paid for said brakeset...

"

Hi Johan,

I understand that in the picture it show’s a rotor as well. This is purely for illustrative purposes. When you phoned us you asked if it is only for one side or both. I then informed you that it is for a set. (meaning for front and back) If you scroll down to the bottom in the description it states the Rotor sizes that can be ridden with these brakes. If you look at any of our other disc brake sets for sale you will also see that no disc brake sets are sold with rotors unless it states “rotors included”. Rotor selection is a very personal thing most of the time and customers normally prefer to use a specific rotor that they like or are used to riding example...ashima, shimano, hope.

We will not be sending you rotors for the disc brake set as no where it states that rotors need to be included in the brake set. We will however be prepared to supply you with rotors at cost price as discussed earlier today telephonically or you are more than welcome to return the brake set to us for a full refund.

Please let us know how you would like to proceed.

Kind regards,

Janos

Would seem OP has jumped the gun.

Well handled Naas.

don't think rotors are ever included in a brake set.

Yes it is.

I purchased brand new brake sets from CRC and it came with rotors.

Each brake was packed in a branded AVID box (Retail packaging) and within that each rotor came individually packaged in an Avid branded zip lock bag.

And you get adapters depending on the rotor size.

Also CRC informs you on their site if rotors are not included in the deal.

In all fairness online stores should state whether the goods are OE or Retail packaged.

It is an online store so he shouldn't have to call them. Where is the sense in that?

Edited by YUMEYA

Hi Guys

The description in the screen-grab posted does include rotors… :unsure:

Maybe it would be better for you to state something like "rotors not included".