MotoGP

SeaBee

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BB's official machine

(although I really liked the black & white testing livery (or lack of))

That’s the fastest that bike has gone all year

BB's official machine

(although I really liked the black & white testing livery (or lack of))

The colour scheme etc. doesn't look much different to last year's bike?

Then again neither do the factory Honda bikes ....

Edited by NotSoBigBen

The Tech 3 bikes look VERY different.

I feel sorry for the guys thinking Brad will be getting top 10's. He might get one if the attrition is high up front but this is his learning year.

Lots of very competitive bikes and good riders. He will do well to score consistent points.

The Tech 3 bikes look VERY different.

I feel sorry for the guys thinking Brad will be getting top 10's. He might get one if the attrition is high up front but this is his learning year.

Lots of very competitive bikes and good riders. He will do well to score consistent points.

I agree. The KTM was not all that competitive last year with seasoned pros so unlikely it has progressed much to suddenly be on the sharp end. 

I think Brad has the potential, he is after all a world champion, but the package needs work and he needs experience. If he does place Top 10 regularly that would be superb. 

Brad and Darryn are riding the DJ rally next month with their Dad.  I'm riding one of the sweep vehicles.  I'll buy Darryn a few beers on Friday night and ask him what Brad really thinks he can do  :whistling:

I listen to a few MotoGP podcasts and Brad is rated highly amongst many in the know.

Always felt his aggressive riding style would suit the Honda or Ducati best.

With Dani developing the KTM, it will be a smoother, high corner speed bike. This may hinder Brad but then again the new tyres are very pro corner speed.

To the point where Honda and Ducati have again complained about it. Same as they did in Barcelona last year at the big tyre test with similar tyres.

I hope this year isn't decided by tyres.......

I suppose the question will be is, how will Brad handles going from running one of the better packages and being at the pointy end to running one of the worst packages and being towards the rear.

Does he have the patience to get through this period. I think he does.

Edited by Patchelicious

MM93 has re- signed with Honda till end 2024 .

That’s 5 more years. I boldly predict he won’t be on hmrc books and /or MotoGP racing before that.

I for one am glad, it means the other teams must up their game.

Marc swopping teams would be like a millionaire deciding life is too easy with money, and giving it all away to live in a gutter. Yes, it would be cool to see him on a Duke or KTM but why leave. He has full control over the HRC development, that is unheard of in Honda's history to allow this. They have always been about the machine.

I am worried that this years championship will be all about the tyre Michelin are bringing. It is definitely favouring the corner speed machines whereas last years was pretty neutral. I know Honda and Ducati has lodged disputes.

Snip

I am worried that this years championship will be all about the tyre Michelin are bringing. It is definitely favouring the corner speed machines whereas last years was pretty neutral. I know Honda and Ducati has lodged disputes.

So Yamaha might be in with a chance?  :whistling:  (that is if they can make up the +- 15km/h top speed deficit.)

Paint job only counts that much for me... but I REALLY think the Aprilia looked better in test (lack of) colours than launch colours. 

Maybe if they left out the garish fluo yellow Aprilia logo over the front winglets it would have been okay?