• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yoh! i am missing the racing....

Officially official, 15th July 2020.

First race with all 3 classes......

All 3 classes get 2 test sessions at Jerez, 2 days before the practice starts.

1st of 2 Spanish GP's scheduled for 19th and 26th July.

So long as nothing happens to make the COVID situation worse.

That's as per Mat Oxley

Absolutely.

I really dont like him, but have so much respect for him.

BUT neither he nor Kevin won a title when Wayne was still around ;)

I was #34 befok. Never enjoyed Wayne at the time but that changed for me after his accident. He was just one of those “boring” talents and I was too young to know exactly what I was looking at.

Loved the racing back then though, crazy 2-smokers, no electronics and wild tracks!!

I was #34 befok. Never enjoyed Wayne at the time but that changed for me after his accident. He was just one of those “boring” talents and I was too young to know exactly what I was looking at.

Loved the racing back then though, crazy 2-smokers, no electronics and wild tracks!!

I think most people were #34 supporters.

But I was a Yammie fan. My first bike was a PW80, red and white, which I got in 1989, so I gravitated towards the Yamaha guys. It helped that I grew up on the tank of a 350 elsee....

There are some cool video of the two of them after the accident, but man did they hate each other before that.

Must say that the new skinder nuus about a possible new rider line-up at Ducati fascinates me.

The one rider makes sense, Miller, the other not so much. Iannone was booted in favour or Dovi, and for good reason I think.

I would be looking for a younger rider coming up, like Brad Binder. Although with the way the Ducati is changing it might not suit an aggressive rider anymore.

Must say that the new skinder nuus about a possible new rider line-up at Ducati fascinates me.

The one rider makes sense, Miller, the other not so much. Iannone was booted in favour or Dovi, and for good reason I think.

I would be looking for a younger rider coming up, like Brad Binder. Although with the way the Ducati is changing it might not suit an aggressive rider anymore.

shame - this whole Covid thing sucks for Brad.

shame - this whole Covid thing sucks for Brad.

At least he has a 2 year deal, and if you believe the skinder, it is actually a 4 year deal.

Think for Alex, Honda probably used his signing to sooth Marc and help him sign a long term deal. Now no racing, no time to prove himself and it might all end after a single year and almost no racing.......

its official, Jack Miller signed with the factory Ducati team.

At least he has a 2 year deal, and if you believe the skinder, it is actually a 4 year deal.

Think for Alex, Honda probably used his signing to sooth Marc and help him sign a long term deal. Now no racing, no time to prove himself and it might all end after a single year and almost no racing.......

You're 100% correct on the 4-year deal part, but he's already spent the first two of those four in Moto2.

BB 33 and his boet are on their way to Austria as I type this .

Hopefully they can get back to their normal asap .

Good luck to them both .

My uncle had a stake in the HB Suzuki team and later the Didier de radigues team in 1985. So he was able to tour the world with the team(s) when he wanted to. Whenever he came to ZA i was employed as a general dogs body bunking varsity, earning some cash and hanging out with my idols.  I found some pics of a Suzuki Test at kyalami which was early 1983. At the same test the Suzuki SA team was also testing and i took fotos of Neville Hiscock but just cannot find them. Shortly afterwards Neville died while racing down in the cape. Will continue looking for those pics as they were excellent of the old kyalami straight. 

Here the best of the pics i have of that particular test. It must of been late january/early feb and Uncini was of course world champion in 82 and had a nasty accident in 83 as some may recall where his helmet came off. I thought he had died that day.

Uncini was the quiet reserved guy, Mamola the opposite. My uncle brought them round to our house for an authentic braai. Good times when racers were just ordinary folks really.

post-58227-0-68328900-1591180093_thumb.jpg

post-58227-0-77535800-1591180109_thumb.jpg

post-58227-0-27676800-1591180127_thumb.jpg

post-58227-0-41563400-1591180146_thumb.jpg

Edited by IceCreamMan