MotoGP

SeaBee

Castigated was probably the wrong word sorry, I was really wondering why Ducati seem to have the opposite strategy or do I understand it wrong?

Ducati wanted power and speed. AFAIK Dovi wanted something that cornered better, but Duc just carried on saying that he wasn't good enough to extract the best, the wind tunnel says our bike is perfect. Just ride it. 

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Castigated was probably the wrong word sorry, I was really wondering why Ducati seem to have the opposite strategy or do I understand it wrong?

Ducati have a Davide Tardozzi ego added to their mix.

He wasn't exactly being conservative and patient on his ride though, was he?

He had the pace, but was also extremely aggressive. Brad had a stonker of a race, though. 

As for Vale.... sjoe. 

That VR46 interview discussing the crash scare doing the rounds. I liked how towards the end Vale says he had a bit of an aggressive overtake by Binder that pushed him wide and he lost a lot of time.

Ducati have a Davide Tardozzi ego added to their mix.

I have a feeling that there's internal communication issues at Ducati as well. Gigi is a master, that is for sure, he has made huge steps forward with that bike, but if the engineers don't listen to the riders (and they never have, not even when Stoner was there) they're not going to solve their issues.

I have a feeling that there's internal communication issues at Ducati as well. Gigi is a master, that is for sure, he has made huge steps forward with that bike, but if the engineers don't listen to the riders (and they never have, not even when Stoner was there) they're not going to solve their issues.

And definitely didn't listen when Rossi was there, either. 

Seems like an Italian problem... :P

And definitely didn't listen when Rossi was there, either. 

Seems like an Italian problem... :P

I think they did though, in a way.

Remember the Gp12.4, etc, etc. They had new frames almost every 2nd or 3rd race.

Commentators were joking about it all the time.

They also went from a carbon chassis to alloy twin spar which Casey had been telling them for years.

They also did a lot to help Lorenzo. They even tried to paint the first alloy frame black to hide the change, but photo's were taken before they got the chance. It was a big egg on face moment as they said they would never change their philosophy.

So it seems weird the way they decide on what feedback to pursue and what not.

I think they did though, in a way.

Remember the Gp12.4, etc, etc. They had new frames almost every 2nd or 3rd race.

Commentators were joking about it all the time.

They also went from a carbon chassis to alloy twin spar which Casey had been telling them for years.

They also did a lot to help Lorenzo. They even tried to paint the first alloy frame black to hide the change, but photo's were taken before they got the chance. It was a big egg on face moment as they said they would never change their philosophy.

So it seems weird the way they decide on what feedback to pursue and what not.

How long did it take them to add the water wings to his tank?

Zarco given a pit-lane start this weekend after last weeks crash. 

A cant say i am dissapointed. he is way too reckless. over the last few years he has been involved in too many incidents. 

It is absolute BS, the only justice is he has been declared fit so will serve that penalty when he arguably would have finished back of the field anyway.

He should start the race and pull in after the first lap and call it quits, while giving the stewards the finger. Will be worth the fine, another shocker of a decision where Danilo gets a fine and Aleix doesn't even get a reprimand.

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

It is absolute BS, the only justice is he has been declare fit so will serve that penalty when he arguably would have finished back of the field anyway.

He should start the race and pull in after the first lap and call it quits, by giving the stewards the finger. Will be worth the fine, another shocker when Danilo gets a fine and Aleix doesn't even get a reprimand.

Tell us how you really feel ;)

Jokes aside, you don’t think a penalty is justified?