MotoGP

SeaBee

Absolutely. Whilst I doubt they will go for a Superpole type setup (because it's boring AF), they definitely need to sort out the penalties. But heck, cruising and looking for a tow is even happening in MotoGP now, so I'm not quite sure what the solution is to be honest. But yeah, starting from the back row or pit lane is clearly not serious enough. Championship points or missed races should come to the fore I think.

I think Steven English said it best, it needs to be: back of the grid> pitlane start> sit out a race.

For all classes. That way it hits the rider and the team, team has sponsors, sponsors want tv time so when a rider doesn't ride it starts to hits peoples pockets HARD!!!!

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to disagree with the two of you.

If the riders didn't think that they needed the time, they wouldn't have gone out in a session. Warmup is an important session because your race engineers would have had another full evening to go over FP3, FP4 and Qualifying data. Which could give you something to test and confirm the next morning. Or you know, perhaps you sent your bike into the airfence during qualifying on Saturday, and you mechanics spent the evening rebuilding your bike. I wouldn't want to be going into a race without having ridden the bike first. If you bin it in Warmup, well that's your problem for pushing too hard.

As for Binder sitting out Q2, he only had one set of soft tyres, so there was no point for him to go out until the last minute to set his time.

And as for total time on track, it's not much different than it has always been. Previously there were 3x Free Practice sessions of 45 mins each, and one qualifying session of an hour. That hour was usually 15 mins at the start to set a banker lap, 30 minutes doing race simulations, and 15 minutes of trying to get pole position. Now it's just been split up into individual sessions, and chucking out all but the 12 fastest for the actual pole position dash. I think it's a great format.

OK. I understand of course - I said so - that you have some time for a last-minute test and all good with that. But every rider goes out every time for Warmup and surely not all of them are testing something perviously untested? 

If you're not testing something, it's a risk so close to race time. Look, obviously they know more than me but I just don't get it.

Change of subject, only slightly so. 

I wonder what caused the dramatic fall off of performance for Fabio. I mean he was "walking" it, and then bang, over the cliff. 

Are there till appearance fees in Motogp?

Don't think the shop's open at the moment...

So it seems Pol is already feeling the pressure. Saying he is a Honda employee and will test what they want. Not being listened too, but then again he is finishing behind Marc.

Marc saying Honda needs to work on the "riders feeling" on the bike. Seems they have dumbed it down in the year he has been away. Not all moonshine and roses in the HRC camp........

For which he has already has surgery, a few years ago.

Will be interesting to see how this is handled.

Arm Pump has ended or at least severely limited many a career. Even more so in the Motocross side of things. And surgery is a bit of a hit/miss as far as relief goes.

So it seems Pol is already feeling the pressure. Saying he is a Honda employee and will test what they want. Not being listened too, but then again he is finishing behind Marc.

Marc saying Honda needs to work on the "riders feeling" on the bike. Seems they have dumbed it down in the year he has been away. Not all moonshine and roses in the HRC camp........

Honda were dismal...and 93 is going to be a superhuman to get it near the podium i think. Good to see him back and adds to the spectacle. 

Rossi on the other hand...oi vey...what is going on there. 

Honda were dismal...and 93 is going to be a superhuman to get it near the podium i think. Good to see him back and adds to the spectacle. 

Rossi on the other hand...oi vey...what is going on there. 

The difference between a Full Factory ride and whatever Rossi's current set up is

The difference between a Full Factory ride and whatever Rossi's current set up is

rumour has it that rossi has the full works spec bike... even his half brother overtook him yesterday. 

It is 100% NOT a machinery problem.

rumour has it that rossi has the full works spec bike... even his half brother overtook him yesterday. 

Covid aside, Rossi has scored 12 points in the last 10 races. Marc has scored more in 2 races back and probably 50% fit. He is also believed to have been concussed on Saturday, Dorna just seems to ignore concussions by only doing CAT scans which do not pick them up. He 100% had memory loss after the fall.

Admittedly I am no Rossi fan but when his debrief makes reference to trying to overtake Lecuona and then making a mistake. I am sorry, time to call it quits. He should not be that far down, even in his swansong period......

Arm Pump has ended or at least severely limited many a career. Even more so in the Motocross side of things. And surgery is a bit of a hit/miss as far as relief goes.

Fabio had the pressure relief surgery, now it seems they may need to do the "membrane" removal. Same as what dogged Cal for a year.

Pecco points to his training regime......... Mind games perhaps.