Argus 2014

vaalkol

I rode a terrible time, all my own fault. And a bit of the wind's fault. Let me explain.

So, with his first Argus from PC he rode 5h31m, and I with all my farting around rode 6h10. :blush:

I know your pain, it is tough to lose them in a race and not to know what to do! Well done to you both! :thumbup:

We have gone through that scenario ourselves and the 1 thing we learnt from it, is that you NEVER PHONE YOUR MOM because that causes MUCH MORE TROUBLE! :D

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Parking underground at the stadium is sooo yesterday. Paid 50bucks for P3 parking, right opposite MacDonald's. What a pleasure. After being mauled by the rabid Cape Doctor, and collecting my precious free Coke, I rolled straight to the car along a beautifully bricked pathway within a minute No mess, no fuss.

Don't tell anyone, it's our secret :ph34r:

I know your pain, it is tough to lose them in a race and not to know what to do! Well done to you both! :thumbup:

We have gone through that scenario ourselves and the 1 thing we learnt from it, is that you NEVER PHONE YOUR MOM because that causes MUCH MORE TROUBLE! :D

Yes, that was my biggest frustration and caused me some panic. Did he have a crash or technical? That kept my thoughts occupied. Next year he shall have a cell. Even if he will be much more faster. Just in case. But I trust him to handle himself. It is more for my peace of mind.

Edited by Moridin

Any of you experienced Argus riders know when Racetec might have the results up by? I did around 4hr20, satisfied with this for my first Argus. 364 days til my sub-4 :)

You did good, considering the conditions.... provisional results may be up tomorrow, but they'll change over the next week or so.

Did my first Argus (with a niggling itb). Was aiming for sub4h30. Good groups formed in Z. Never rode without one. My strategy was simple. Stick with a group until a faster one comes past and climb on.

Took it easy on the big climbs and when I reach Camps bay, I knew that sub 4h30 was in the bag (if I dont crash). Finished 4:20. Loved every moment of the Race. Sub 4 next year. My top speed I clocked on the straight after Smitties 68.4km/h - was lekker

Edited by Maniax

Who was in the B/C bunch when that okes tubbie blew? sounded like a gunshot!

He's one of my club team mates (Outriders) and has a very apt nickname : AK47

The results were up at 5pm on the same day last year...

We didn't have rolling blackouts that inconvenienced us last year :ph34r: :whistling:

Had a lovely outing in Z. Finished around 4:20.

That guy on his MTB towing "Anita" brought tears to my eyes. Very special.

And then to the guys on their unicycles - HUGE respect!!

And to the guys with SS - lots of respect.

But then a gripe - the loading procedure was a shocker. Last year was bad, but today was really below par.

Saw the crash on the TV just now. Don't think you can blame the tandem. It was a small group for a change and should've been incident free. But sometimes life happens.

What was a tandem doing contesting the Va sprint?

Had a lovely outing in Z. Finished around 4:20.

That guy on his MTB towing "Anita" brought tears to my eyes. Very special.

And then to the guys on their unicycles - HUGE respect!!

And to the guys with SS - lots of respect.

But then a gripe - the loading procedure was a shocker. Last year was bad, but today was really below par.

We probably finished in the same bunch. Well done.

Ek en my vrou was in die ongeluk op die M3. Haar sleutelbeen is af en sy het harsingskudding. Sy was vir ongeveer 3 minute bewusteloos en in daardie tyd het daar bloed by haar mond uitgekom. 'n Ander vrou langs haar in die hospitaal se oog is amper weg in dieselfde ongeluk. Dit sou my 11 de een wees en ek het al 'n 2:58 gery so ek kan bietjie fietsry. Ek is egter klaar met die Argus.

started in YY at 08h46, happy with my time, 5h03 and some seconds :clap: really tough first half, tried to join a group but kept on finding myself too slow for some groups, too fast for the other, ended up fighting the wind on my own up until smits where a nice big group formed, saved my legs, hence the second half going better, barring a few scary moments descending chappies and suikerbossie where the wind klapped my 1.75m, 67kg body+10kg bike around like a rag-doll :thumbdown: , at one point a a vicious crosswind blew everyone to a standstill, and many of us had to unclip :eek: luckily nobody fell! after that, smooth 'sailing' to the finish ^_^

was an awesome experience, looking forward to 2015 already !

Ek en my vrou was in die ongeluk op die M3. Haar sleutelbeen is af en sy het harsingskudding. Sy was vir ongeveer 3 minute bewusteloos en in daardie tyd het daar bloed by haar mond uitgekom. 'n Ander vrou langs haar in die hospitaal se oog is amper weg in dieselfde ongeluk. Dit sou my 11 de een wees en ek het al 'n 2:58 gery so ek kan bietjie fietsry. Ek is egter klaar met die Argus.

Dammit! Sterkte met die recovery. Dis nie lekker om jou vrou so te sien nie. Pas haar maar mooi op.

Edited by Maniax