94.7 Cycle Challenge 2013

StevieL

+1 on the coke at the finish.

Littering was pretty bad. Don't understand...you took the bar out of your pocket, why can't you put the wrapper back?

Also shaking my head at one guy who got upset with a volunteer after he failed to grab a water. They're volunteering FFS, give them a break.

I almost came down because the volunteer did not release but just keep on going without remarks. You are suppose to stop anyway.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perfect day!

Only gripe I had was the traffic.... 3km queue at Rivonia - had to go to Midrand otherwise would have missed start

But I guess 30000 riders will do that...

Not all that happy with my race today. Was my first time and started in ss... Forgot my damn chip! How?! But hey, that's okay... Total time was around 3:40,but rode that race all alone.. And should have trained a bit more, just got interrupted in the weeks leading up to it!

But apart from my performance, was an amazing experience! Extremely well organised and brilliant race, the support is brilliant and the route was seriously challenging (at least it was for my fat ass)... Cramps suck! Never got those on a bike before... But other than the parking attendant across the road from the hospital trying to tell me that bit was 30 Rand to park there (he got lovely word in reply), and having to scream "hold your line!" it was a spectacular event and we'll worth it!

I'll be working my ass off at next year's seeding events so I don't have to start to late... The sun was a killer!

Results seem to be incomplete. Cannot find either myself or others I know rode (and finished)

Its obviously provisional. There are still people riding.

Started in C, had a flat when I hit a manhole in JHB and ended up finishing with D. A bit disappointed with the flat and managed to do 2:43. Well organised and a fun day out.

Edited by Carbon_Kooi

Tough day out! Rode a 2h26m06 from A and is my PB. Just annoying that my chip didn't register as I see I came in 5th. :clap:

As for the second lap, never again. It is chaos out there with the later "groups". It was fun and games for the first 40km, after that I was just gatvol. 3h45 for the second.

Max speed 88.2km! (Taking a few risks)

Crazy, and here I though I was cool for reaching 82km/h.

Its obviously provisional. There are still people riding.

Still. Would have thought groups like A -K are processed by now

Really enjoyed today. First 94.7 for a couple of years. Rode from a corporate bond in W on my SS. Overestimated my fitness, 42x18 is too big a gear. Paid for it by cramping on every hill from the N14. Did a 4h40ish, so need to do some work for next year.

Tough day out! Rode a 2h26m06 from A and is my PB. Just annoying that my chip didn't register as I see I came in 5th. :clap:

As for the second lap, never again. It is chaos out there with the later "groups". It was fun and games for the first 40km, after that I was just gatvol. 3h45 for the second.

Crazy, and here I though I was cool for reaching 82km/h.

Some of us were racing in that chaos...

Agreed tho. I really think a pamphlet of some sort should be included with all the race info on basic etiquette...

Keep right, especially if you're a slower rider, be predictable, don't blow a snot rocket if anyone is within 5m of you, and hold your damn line! I understand the back groups are made up of mostly fun riders, who only race this the whole year, but someone has to tell them cause no one likes sounding like a condescending ******** having to scream this as you go past...

But hey. It's part of the game I guess! Hubbers, you guys are absolute machines with those times! Well done!