Hubbers on Instagram

Soapmaker

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Once I scrolled past your renaissance period (congrats btw) I noticed you shaped quite a few wider and shorter fish styled boards. I love surfing stuff like that. The mini simmons stuff looks interesting. Will definitely consider you when I need to shape something new

Thanks Skollie,

I decided from the get go that I only shape fun boards - there's more than enough high performance shapers in SA and very few people can actually get the most out of a high performance board.

I design my boards to the rider's weight, height, skill level, fitness level and a couple of other things - so that the board doesn't hold you back, and helps you to enjoy and progress your surfing.

Just got my new shaping bay up and running, and by Friday my first two boards will roll out of the new bay.  Good times.

where there are even less waves

haha, we complain when we can't surf strand at least once a week... when guys in Jbay or West coast sometimes goes weeks without waves, so pretty happy with Strand.

I have a quiver for all occasions - 7'6 mini for flat days, 6'2 diamond nose/diamond tail for decent days, and two short stubby fishes for playing.

@Iwan_Kemp for pics on stuff and sheet.

Mostly bike stuff with the odd baster worshond thrown in to spice things up. 

Dude how did you loose all that weight?

I have a fast metabolism, but I think the following helped:
  • Cut out adding sugar to my food and drinks (drinking coffee without hard);
  • Reduced the size of my meal portions;
  • Stopped buying crisps, sweets and all that other artificial stuff. I would open the cupboard looking for something to snack on, see there was nothing there and then find something to occupy my mind so I didn't have to think of food.
  • Work stress probably also helped, although the stress itself wasn't great at the time.
  • I was riding 2-3 times per month (family, work, club, riding and other commitments) to training 2-3 times per week and 1 or 2 long rides a weekend.
Now I'm trying to maintain the weight and pick up my power. That's even harder.

Edit: one of my club mates said my weight loss started when I left Ferrero last year... too much Kinder Joy, Nutella and Rocher.

Edited by geraldm24

haha, we complain when we can't surf strand at least once a week... when guys in Jbay or West coast sometimes goes weeks without waves, so pretty happy with Strand.

I have a quiver for all occasions - 7'6 mini for flat days, 6'2 diamond nose/diamond tail for decent days, and two short stubby fishes for playing.

I'm still waiting to score perfect Bikini Beach in the right swell conditions with the left that runs along there. Only ever been that side once in conditions that were workable as I'm usually up the 'weskus is die bes kus'... 

Betty's Bay in front of the Sand Dune is possibly my favourite along that whole stretch! Loves winter and the howling North Wester in medium size conditions!

I'm still waiting to score perfect Bikini Beach in the right swell conditions with the left that runs along there. Only ever been that side once in conditions that were workable as I'm usually up the 'weskus is die bes kus'...

Betty's Bay in front of the Sand Dune is possibly my favourite along that whole stretch! Loves winter and the howling North Wester in medium size conditions!

You haven't lived until you've bottom turned around a rock boil at Bikini Beach :)

You haven't lived until you've bottom turned around a rock boil at Bikini Beach :)

That's what some ous say, but you wont know till you go!