Cycling Clubs and Cyclists beware!!! The Hi jackers are here!

A.S.G. U Suck

While you're at it, submit a request to get your grammar checker patented as well.

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

SORRY TEACHER

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been to a few homes in my lifetime, but thanks for the offer.

I am sure a lot of homes battle to stay afloat and conditions are dire. We're talking specific jacaranda home. You've been?

Just looked at their website.

Very different type of development team than the one that other posters are referring to.

It seems like a good cause

http://www.jacarandachildren.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=65&Itemid=72

I buy any and all Colnago steeds through Maestro UK and this is based on the knowledge,service level and non quibble b0llocks that I get from the owner Mike Perry. It is better than dare I say that what I got from the Idol, God rest his soul. I find a lot of LBS' will order something (i.e.not on the shelves) for me which pretty means I can do it myself. As for other industries a recent experience way trying to get a Kindle Paperwhite from my down the road lekka South African Dion Wired!! I went there because they claim to sell it and I was prepared to pay extra to have it immediately. The result? Well..sir...you see...oops ...we dont have stock...oops...we can order it for you!! (See a pattern?) Oh and I would have to wait around 2 weeks for the pleasure of paying premium. Problem was solved by ordering from Amazon in the US on a Monday afternooon and it was to be found on my desk that Thursday....and cheaper. Hence for earlier comment about earning my cash and not expecting it.

There is a load of 'elusive' stuff I want that is not available locally.

That doesn't make the vendor untrustworthy.

I have always loved the 'xxxx' Satellite race. Hekpoort is just awesome in a race and to see how different people respond to it differently is what cycling is about for me. Really a pity about the sponsorship though. I also however recall a 'financial' scandal at the Telkom Club resulting in the race changes.

I have entered the race and are looking forward to do it on my recently aquired Pinarello FPTeam, wearing my Rudy helmet and glasses .....

Have only received great service from ASG and wish them well with their involvement.

Welcome to the free market ...

I have asked a club representative to respond with some facts. What I was told differs markedly from some of the speculation. I hope it will be put in the open soon. Please refrain from any negative comments towards the Jacaranda Childrens Home since they have done nothing wrong wichever view you take.

The issue of the Jakaranda Satellite Classic has been addressed previously, we do not consider this extremely one-sided and bitter view of events as factual at all, we deny the allegations made in the strongest possible way and CSA has clearly ruled on this matter (more than once). We obviously view all the defamatory comments made and the negative impact of those comments on our business in the most serious light - we will be taking legal advice in order to protect our business and reputation. For now we can state the following:

• Despite everything, ASG has offered to contribute to the Children’s Home in question (in an email addressed to club management & Mr Erwee) - needless to say we are still awaiting a response. It would seem this is perhaps not the primary objective anymore even though this issue is used to try and gather misplaced sympathy on this forum?
  • We are very proud of this event, the support we receive from cyclists is clearly seen in the growth of the event and especially our sponsors (Bestmed) who have built this event to the quality race it is today.
  • We are not perfect and are not claiming to be - we have had to take our fair share of abuse and often fair criticism on forums such as this - we accept that and try to improve as a result but we cannot accept any of these allegations now being made.
  • ASG will continue to invest heavily in the Sport and will continue to contribute significant amounts of money, product and sponsorship to various charitable causes. ASG will continue to sponsor and present, now more than 50 cycling events (with a host of quality partners and co-sponsors to make this possible). We will try our utmost to develop and improve those events to guarantee a quality experience for each participant. For this, and for providing our customers with quality products at competitive prices and with great service we thank and hope to continue enjoying the support of the South African cycling community.

ag

No not true. There is an agreement that ASG will organise the race on behalf of pops' club in exchange for a fee per rider. The event is then marketed as an ASG event under the bigger ASG umbrella using all ASG systems and infrastructure. Obviously ASG makes a lot of money from the event and then pay the club the agreed fee. Quite simple. When the club was hosting the race it had much less entries.

I think the club was very desperate at the time of entering into the agreement.

Can the club not post the agreement here then we can all see what was agreed.

Well that clears it up for me. Sour grapes? Smells like Rosè to me.

......SNIPPED...... and CSA has clearly ruled on this matter (more than once).

.........SNIP.....

we will be taking legal advice in order to protect our business and reputation.

.........SNIP.....

ASG will continue to invest heavily in the Sport and will continue to contribute significant amounts of money, product and sponsorship to various charitable causes. ASG will continue to sponsor and present, now more than 50 cycling events (with a host of quality partners and co-sponsors to make this possible).

:eek: ALARM BELL SOUNDING IN MY MIND

How do you okes (ASG) afford all this?

ok, so this is basically a falling out of a partnership. the original agreement for ASG to manage the race should have stipulated that the race still belongs to the club.

Yawn, is this 2006?

If there is a value add from the LBS, then their support is justified.

If they are just selling widgets, then whoever has the cheapest price/most efficient form of distribution wins.

The funny thing is that many people support CRC because there service is EXCELLENT.

Yaaaawn, but the proper term is "their service"

As for the excellence of their service.

Great, they know your name, advised you on the correct product and you send your bike via air mail for servicing.

Try and apply a little intellect as opposed to throwing around random service comments.

I feel DSTV also give excellent service, they deliver a movie straight after I chose it in box office, I have however had shocking service when I have entered a satellite office.

I order my coffee from Top Coffee, excellent service to say the least.

They take my money and are then under obligation to send my product, what a surprise when I actually get the stuff, excellent service (smell the sarcasm)

However if I can make it to the Nespresso shop, I even get to taste blends before I have to buy that particular blend.

I find their staff always to be friendly and helpful especially when it comes to deciding on the correct machine.

Don't confuse excellent service delivery with excellent service.

But then hey, this is 2000 and cheapskate where you ask the LBS for advice, suck the sales persons brains dry, get loads of information out of him, only to order online to save a few pens.

And for what it's worth, I have no issue with online vendors, but don't accuse the bike shops of being twits when their shelf price doesn't suit your budget.

Edited by Wyatt Earp

Ag come on Daddy stop playing the emotional Childrens Home Card. The home gets enough sponsorships. In fact sometimes they get too much according to an inside source. Bringing in the Childrens Home as a sympathy card is emotional black mail. This is really bad style.

You were previously Telkom Club. There were many stories doing the rounds about wasting money and money going missing. Is the stories true.

We were Telkom before as I said in my post, and no the rumour is oncorrect. Our club is financially secure, hence why we are able to support the Children's Home.

You entered into an agreement with ASG. Please post a copy of the agreement here then we can all see what you have agreed too.

Not true: The agreement was with Mr Wynand de Villiers and his company, not with ASG at all. Specuation is he sold his company to ASG and represented that the various races was owned by his company...

An ASG insider told me that you still get exactly what you agreed too with them for them hosting the race.

Again not true. Our agreement terminated in 2012. The earnings our club would make hosting the event ourselves far outstrips the offer and fees received from Mr De Villiers or now ASG.

Is it true that your current management did not sign the deal with ASG and are unhappy with deal signed by your previous management. Apparently you now want more than initially agreed with ASG.

Again not true: Our agreement was with Mr De Villiers and never with ASG, we Jakaranda Cycling Club terminated the agreement as prescribed in terms of our agreement with him, due to none performance by him and his company. There were endless posts in this very site about unhappy cyclists reharding the venue and other aspects, all which fell in Mr de Villiers part of responsibilities one of which the fact there was not enough medals to give to cyclists that completed the race .

Why did you agree to this organsising company arranging your event. If I remember correctly the event was going downhill fast in relation to the number of entries and income. By the look of things ASG turned the event around.

We hired Mr De Villiers as a "Race Director" for a period of 3 years.

Again your facts are incorrect about declining attendance, The Jakaranda Satellite Classic race attendance has be stable and increasing at the same percentage each year, in line with the growth of cyclists entering the sport.

Our % growth matched the growth of our seeding event. ASG did not do anything and wasnt involved over the 3 year period.

Why do you not take the matter to court. Hopefully ASG will take it to court.

The answer is obvious.

I can remeber when some of your members and previous management were part of the all mighty GNC, CSA clans and him they she really damaged cycling in Pretoria with their Cycle tour timing deals.

Before my time and not relevant in this issue.

Maybe the wheel has turned on you. You have the same track record for bullying and hijacking.

So what did Edenvale Pedellers (Gauteng Central Cycling), Baberton Cycling Club (Mpumulanga) and other clubs do to deserve their races being hi jacked from them...besides have used the same person as assist them with their event?

Why do I want to support your boycott if it is your clubs favourate past time to boycott other clubs. You have such an wonderfull history in this department.

Again I'm not sure what you are referring to or the relevance in this case, but it's your choice as it is ours, but beware if your event grows and it too is hi jacked, then the shoe will be on the other foot.

Viva ASG Viva.

This sounds more to me more like, they entered into an agreement with ASG, ASG turned the event into a money making racket and now the club is not happy cause they are not getting enough share of the profits? Correct me if I'm wrong though, but hopefully the OP can, but I'm doubting he will be back to comment

Incorrect we never had an agreement with ASG., but with Mr de Villiers and his events company. How ASG got involved is still not know...and no we actually know exactly how much is made and how much we received, hence why out agreement was only for a set period to start with.

To put a rest to any speculation and untrue statements regarding the removal of the previous thread relating to this matter.

It was removed due to the opening post and subject of the discussions being the contents of a private email / communication. The original author of this communication contacted us requesting removal on the grounds that it was made public without consent.

Regarding the current thread, the contents are still to be reviewed and appropriate action will follow. Our platform should not be used to make public any information or statements which are untrue or unfairly defamatory, however factual information considered to be in the public interest will be allowed. We will review the contents and take action on this basis.

The previous thread wasn't placed by the person that wrote the comments it was a "cut and paste" job from the JCC web forum...this time the OP is also the writer of the thread.

I must say I am generally not a fan of their events, largely overpriced and mainly just a big brand pushing exercise...

Surely the original race organisers have some intellectual rights on the route, calendar date and the name?

Would be very sad if what the OP says is true, clubs are the basis for pretty much all structured sport in this country and they are funded for the large part by organising events such as these. If they are getting steamrolled out of their events by these "professional" race organisers and that is being backed in turn by CSA, well it's just a really sad day for cyling. But would it be surprising?

:thumbdown:

Finally someone that sees the picure.....Clubs are the core of most sports that's were they tell you about chamois cream and why you shave your legs....never seen a workshop by any one of these large Co's or race organisers to tell you about the inns and out of cycling...that to people in the club and you get sorted...

Is it not verboten by admin to have more than one hub handle.... OP seems very familiar with the Hub and where to post his / her gripe. Just asking.

Well it may say I'm a Rookie...But I can build a forum and website in a night, so I guess I know how to make a post here on the Hub, and what a lekker place this is with all these hardcore cyclists here. Beats sending out a boring old email to 3500 hard core cyclists that have spam checkers on their Inbox....and emails aren't interactive....This is so much better and more!