Johan Borman leaving us?

Dubber88

by the looks of things helped a few guys, however of late i did see a change of attitude that left me thinking,,WHY WOULD SOMEONE WHO WAS CLEARLY USING THE HUB FOR YELLOW SADDLE be trying to "MAKE" so many friends.. sarcasm

Johan helped lots of people, myself included, on many, many ocassions. Always willing to provide advice.

Unfortunately, some people are sensitive, and find his comments and behaviour to be a bit abrasive. Personally, I don't, I think he's a great guy

He tells it like it is, which is far better (IMO) than all the sensitive pc type comments that are all too common these days

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Johan helped lots of people, myself included, on many, many ocassions. Always willing to provide advice.

Unfortunately, some people are sensitive, and find his comments and behaviour to be a bit abrasive. Personally, I don't, I think he's a great guy

He tells it like it is, which is far better (IMO) than all the sensitive pc type comments that are all too common these days

We can all agree about telling it like it is, but there are ways of doing this without resorting to bits below in bold:

We welcome debate and dissent, but personal attacks (on members or any individual), persistent trolling and mindless abuse will not be tolerated. The key to positioning and maintaining The Hub as an inviting space is to focus on intelligent and mature discussion of topics.

•  

People are not sensitive if they have an different opinion to his

damm, when was he suspended, missed that, for what was he suspended.

does not make sense.

def huge loss for us.

hope the guys at CL pays attention the next 3-4 months.

G

damm, when was he suspended, missed that, for what was he suspended.

does not make sense.

def huge loss for us.

hope the guys at CL pays attention the next 3-4 months.

G

Personal attack on a member that wasn't even part of that particular thread Edited by fabes

We welcome debate and dissent, but personal attacks (on members or any individual), persistent trolling and mindless abuse will not be tolerated. The key to positioning and maintaining The Hub as an inviting space is to focus on intelligent and mature discussion of topics.

LOL - there are so many inconsistencies in that paragraph

:( I will never get to attend a wheel building class.

But on the bright side at least I own a Johan built wheel.. The man is a MASTER PERFECTIONIST!! (not many of these types around).

0 South Africa - 1 Scotland

Johan, enjoy your new home and fly fishing for salmon! :clap:

Edited by YUMEYA

Didn't know he was suspended. He is an acquired taste so I could see how it came to this.

Definitely thehubsa tech guru.

All pretenders were either put down by his superior knowledge, or wit.

I look forward to him staying active here, he will definitely have more stories to tell. Maybe graham obree can get him to wrench a world beater.

I'm guessing the price fixing hatchet is seriously buried good and proper now (AFAIK he was the respondant in the case against cyclelab, FPC et al)

Didn't know he was suspended. He is an acquired taste so I could see how it came to this.

Definitely thehubsa tech guru.

All pretenders were either put down by his superior knowledge, or wit.

I look forward to him staying active here, he will definitely have more stories to tell. Maybe graham obree can get him to wrench a world beater.

I'm guessing the price fixing hatchet is seriously buried good and proper now (AFAIK he was the respondant in the case against cyclelab, FPC et al)

He was a complainant, not a respondent. The Comp Comm first reacted to an anonymous tip-off to a thread on the hub before his complaint was made.

http://www.bugbog.com/images/galleries/scotland-pictures/scotland-biking.jpg

http://www.cyclingscotland.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/mountain-bike-web-image.jpg

http://www.geos.ed.ac.uk/homes/s0898425/Cycle_1.jpg

This was on the day it didn't rain, and the day after this, miggie season started. And if you haven't experienced Scotland's miggies, you know nothing.

We think we're tough living in Africa with lions roaming the streets etc. Midges? Way worse.

Edited by davetapson

He was a complainant, not a respondent. The Comp Comm first reacted to an anonymous tip-off to a thread on the hub before his complaint was made.

Oh, now I remember, somebody posted the minutes that was not the minutes of a meeting held.

Personal attack on a member that wasn't even part of that particular thread

That happens just about every day on the hub?????

That happens just about every day on the hub?????

He wasn't very subtle about it tho

Bit like an obituary .. ?

I did a bit of business with him in my old 'hood, all good, will miss those hand crafted spokes.

He Whispered to the headset on my bike, and it has been perfect since.

The OEM headset gave me endless headaches.

Hoepfully there are some sponges at Morecycle, and they will absorb all the knowledge he tranfers.