Finally, easy and reliable Bike Finance available in SA

Terence Hope

Next time you take your credit card out, put it back, you have not earned that money yet

Not if you clear your card every month before the due date. Then it becomes a convenient payment method, and not an expensive way of digging yourself into penury.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there are spelling nazi's on the Hub, I assume credit Nazi's are even worse, they pull teeth without pain killers ?????? ...... Of is nou maar net die gewone ou Hub suurtiet????

I'm sure you know a lot about suurtiet(e)

I'm sure you know a lot about suurtiet(e)

Not really much, suurtiete normally identifies themselves, a dead give away is asking about suurtiete

Personally I wouldn't buy a bicycle on finance, as after saving a few months, I would be one of the lucky ones who could buy a semi decent bike for cash...

But...

I don't really see the problem with anybody wanting to purchase via finance. It means having a nicer bike than you would have otherwise had, if saving is not your thing.

A decent bike would/should last 10 years +, if looked after properly, so if you finance it over 3 years for example, you have 7 years +, riding with no instalment. Like I say, not for me, but I don't really see a massive problem with it, as long as rates are competitive.

I don't really buy into the notion that you shouldn't finance items that depreciate so quickly either, because by that notion, no-one should ever finance a car, because that is the item you stand to lose the most on, yet I can guarantee that 75%+ cars on the road still belong to the bank.

Edit: Spelling

Edited by StevieL

Hi all, I have received quite a few enquiries via email regarding facilities, please note that I have replied to all of these requests and one of our ladies from the office will be contacting you regarding your enquiries. Thanks for all the great feedback, some very interesting and viable points raised, some rubbish too, but lets highlight the positives :clap: :clap: :devil:

Silly idea to borrow bucks for a bike,people get into depth way to quick.

dont support guys like this

Guys like this??

Just another way to spend money u haven't earned yet...

wow, interesting analogy. I'll be sure to think of this one next time I swipe my credit card. That's exactly what debt is. You spending next years salary and everything costs you 20% more...

I think debt should only be considered when you can actually make money from your purchase, that's not often.

I would finance a bike (through my credit card) as im paying little interest... yes bikes depreciate but if you see that bike that you always wanted and its on special..why not throw in the cc and pay it off..N nice bike imn my eyes are an investment (all the joy youll have)and you can always cut on some "unwanted take outs" and save on that rather..and youll be enjoying that bike for 10 years but the take out foods and silly things will be out your system in 2 days ...(if all parts work correctly). So i would use a credit card but with caution ! And if you do...pay a little more every month and if you add up all the interest after the period youll be surprised how little you actually paid (take into consideration the discount you got the bike on also). Respect the bike and see it a a positive asset and let the bike "appreciate your joy" in the future!

Edited by Rider3000

So, we've done our first couple of hubbers bikes, hope you guys are happy with the service , rates etc, enjoy it!!!

For those people asking what sort of rates these are done at, please note that it is individual specific, but in general around 5 to 10 points lower than credit card rates.

I would finance a bike (through my credit card) as im paying little interest... yes bikes depreciate but if you see that bike that you always wanted and its on special..why not throw in the cc and pay it off..N nice bike imn my eyes are an investment (all the joy youll have)and you can always cut on some "unwanted take outs" and save on that rather..and youll be enjoying that bike for 10 years but the take out foods and silly things will be out your system in 2 days ...(if all parts work correctly). So i would use a credit card but with caution ! And if you do...pay a little more every month and if you add up all the interest after the period youll be surprised how little you actually paid (take into consideration the discount you got the bike on also). Respect the bike and see it a a positive asset and let the bike "appreciate your joy" in the future!

There you go Terence, here's a customer!

Hi,

Is the finance on a lease, instalment sale, personal loan or rental basis?

Are the 5 to 10 points below credit card rates basis points or percentage points?

Thanks

someone should rename this thread consumerism 101...because by the end of it we will all know exactly what consumerism is about