Wife " Choose, me or the BIKE!!"

ScottCM

See you understand!! Why can she?

If the bug hasn't bitten then she won't understand. Every girlfriend I ever had became a cyclist eventually but I never ever suggested they should get a bike or join me for a ride. Came to their own conclusions from seeing the passion and the enjoyment I get from riding - not to mention the physical benefits...

Oh, and you can speak to the wife. Cycling does initially make the legs bigger as the muscle grows. But then the fat disappears and they become much slimmer an firmer.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My response would be: I'll miss you my wife!

My GF and I had the same discussion last night. She wants us to move in together, but she, to put it mildly, hates my place and her place does not have enough space for 3 bikes (mtb, road bike and ss). The discussion just deteriorated from there until the proverbial lightbulb went on: lets get a bigger place together.

So maybe that would be you solution as well.

Look okes, as I said, I bought her a single bed for the garage, but don't skimp on the mattress, I got her the top of the line Edblo and a super expensive pillow at Sexpo.

Whilst we were there, I took the liberty of buying her a few DVD's for her portable DVD player (it's too much of a risk putting a flatscreen TV in my single garage.

The bike stand, a Park Tool one also makes a lekker head rest for her whilst she might be watching movies or browsing through my MTBR back issues.

Just so she doesn't miss me too much, the duvet cover has little bicycle prints all over it.

listen to her and take it out as she wants, but then fake a heavy depression and start acting all creepy and and stuff, she will beg you to bring it back in.

If the bug hasn't bitten then she won't understand. Every girlfriend I ever had became a cyclist eventually but I never ever suggested they should get a bike or join me for a ride. Came to their own conclusions from seeing the passion and the enjoyment I get from riding - not to mention the physical benefits...

Oh, and you can speak to the wife. Cycling does initially make the legs bigger as the muscle grows. But then the fat disappears and they become much slimmer an firmer.

Honestly, I prefer if the wife doesn't join me and so far, she hasn't bitten the bug. Cycling is kinda like my stress-free zone. It's nice and peaceful, tranquil if you like and when I'm on my bike I sort of just forget about everything else in the world. It's a really nice place to be. Now, I love my wife to bits don't get me wrong, but if she joins me that place wouldn't be as nice as it was anymore. All the moaning, complaining etc just by thinking about it.

"Parking space" isn't much of a problem inside the house, but here are some ideas I've been toying with to make it more of a "feature"

http://1.lushome.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/bike-storage-racks-interior-design-ideas-1.jpg

http://www.designbuildideas.eu/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/bike-storage.jpg

http://waveavenue.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/19-indoor-bike-storage.jpg

http://www.hosowo.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Bicycle-Storage-Ideas-Wardrobe.jpg

http://www.stepinit.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Stunning-Bike-Storage-Ideas-Artistic-Interior-Exposed-Brick-Wall.jpeg

Sometimes the space is even shared:

post-24697-0-18333700-1381387228_thumb.jpg

^_^

are these two mating.....in the hope that they will produce a third?

Hah, I'm busy getting building quotes to expand my garage (which is tiny) by adding a storeroom. It will probably end up being used for other stuff as well, but the primary purpose is going to be bike storage. My habit just got several times more expensive!

To answer your question on hanging the bike by the front wheel. Remember it handles the rough at speed with your weight on it, so even if your bike weight 15kg it will not be an issue.

Mine sleeps in the garage, and my bike next to me in bed :thumbup:

Oh and I'm so glad my wife doesnt go on the hub because she would bliksem me if she read that post!

Honestly, I prefer if the wife doesn't join me and so far, she hasn't bitten the bug. Cycling is kinda like my stress-free zone. It's nice and peaceful, tranquil if you like and when I'm on my bike I sort of just forget about everything else in the world. It's a really nice place to be. Now, I love my wife to bits don't get me wrong, but if she joins me that place wouldn't be as nice as it was anymore. All the moaning, complaining etc just by thinking about it.

BUT there is also nothing like seeing 'that' smile and enjoyment on your partners face when he (in my case) comes from a piece of awesome trails! I wouldnt want it any other way and I would wash his bike to have that with my partner for life.